Why do you love working out?

Options
Why do I love working out?

I love working out because it makes me feel strong and powerful. It makes me feel like I am doing good for myself. I love the feeling of pure strength pulsing through my body and the feeling of sweat dripping down my face. When my muscles are quivering but I am still pushing for one more pushup i don't quit and think to myself "oh my gosh I should stop my muscles are quivering" I think "hell girl look at those muscles... no pain no gain." I love that working out gives me that sense of accomplishment. I do not know how people can grow old and die without knowing what they are fully capable of. Just like anything, yes you have to put in hard work but the reward is so great. Learn to love the burn.

Replies

• eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm the same as you, I love the feeling of I just gave everything I have in the gym and pushed my body as far as it will go. It's an awesome feeling when you start to see real changes in your body and that you know your hard work is starting to pay off. If i leave the gym and I'm not sweating I know I was dogging it in the gym and the next time I'll have to push my self harder.

Plus the main reason I love to workout is that it helps my unwind and deal with the stress of being in this dump known as Afghanistan.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Personal satisfaction, stress relief and dopamine rush. Best way to get high legally.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Its my way to unwind from my stress. I enjoy the way my body responds to exercise. And like everyone else, for my health and well being
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me stronger, improved health, fitter body & mind but most of all, I can eat more without worrying about gaining fat.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly like working out.... But I do LOVE food. So I work out to be able to eat stuff I like.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Best way to get high legally.

LOL
    I have not been high yet while or after working out, but feeling satisfied, feeling calm and relieved, even peaceful after a work out isn't too bad either :-)
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy things is fun.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Makes me strong for pole dancing :D
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I agree with all you have said!!
    I love my exercise because it makes me feel good about myself and is making me awhole lot fitter than I used to be and also it is brilliant for my diabetese!!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I love being able to see my improvement. I exercise so that I can get stronger and do harder exercises. Also, being stronger physicially has helped me become stronger mentally
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    7434194_8492.jpg7434194_7770.jpg
    7434194_4814.jpg7434194_6530.jpg

3mos of bodyweight strength training.

'Nuff said!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I look younger than my age mates. We all have children but I look younger than my friends :laugh: :laugh:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    As much weight as I lost before and as strong as I got, I don't think I ever loved working out. I did it because I wanted to prove I could. NOW though, I've started working out again and I have been loving it. I don't know why but last week I had a dream that I was running ( I've never run in my life) and when I woke up I just knew I had to get off my *kitten* and start getting healthy again. I had my year of mourning my fathers death and now I am ready to get on with my life and really start LIVING!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I haven't., until fairly recently. I hated every exercise I tried, so I just kept trying new things. Running was a last resort, and I loved it.

Most importantly, it's the sense of personal achievement I get every time I run. It's something I never thought I'd do. I had severe asthma as a child. I'd regularly end up in hospital, and when the other kids at school thought I was just slacking off they put me in for the 200m run at Sports Day and I collapsed at the end. Having grown up in a situation where running was totally impossible, I didn't even consider it as an option in adulthood. I just assumed I couldn't run, even though my asthma disappeared when I was 16 or 17. I tried it, just to see, and knowing I can do something I never believed possible is a fantastic feeling.

I love the freedom. I love being able to put my music on, and just keep one foot in front of the other. I love the fresh air, seeing the sun rise or set or running in the dark and appreciating the warm glow and smells of home-cooked food from the houses I pass. Surprisingly, I also love seeing other people. I've always been very self-conscious, and even walking around in public has been a little difficult for me. Now, I love being out running and greeting people passing by, smiling at other runners, seeing how polite some people are when they stop in their cars to let me past so I don't break pace crossing a road.

Of course, one thing has made me like all exercise at least a small amount - the fact that I get to eat more when I do it!