Frustrated

Options
I've posted this a bit before, but I don't understand what's going on. I've been struggling with the whole last ten lbs thing all summer, but it doesn't make any sense. Early in the summer I lost 5.5 lbs, but then I've gained 3 back. Now, for 2 months, I've been bouncing up and down between 2 lbs lost and 3.5 lost, and I can't break that plateau. If I was even staying at the same weight, not losing or gaining, it wouldn't be so bad, but when it goes up it's so frustrating, especially when I've been good all week. If I'm eating withing my calories, how can I be GAINING weight?? :noway: ugh, I had a goal of being to my goal weight by halloween, and right now it just feels impossible. sorry, done my rant now lol

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Have you been measuring also? Because muscle weighs more than fat, I've stayed at my weight for a week, but lost 1/2 an inch in my neck and waist, check your measurements!!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I cant tell for sure by your picture but it could be that you just dont have that much more to lose. I dont know what your goal weight is or any of that so its hard to say but if your not happy with the way you look you may just want to tone out instead of trying to lose weight. Muscle weighs more so you'll gain weight but you'll be toned and that might help your self image. I dont know all the facts though so I could very well be wrong.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    The last ten pounds or so is always the hardest. Do you mix aerobic endurance days with strength conditioning days? How often do you change your routine? It only takes between 2 and 3 weeks for adaptation to cease causing changes in the body to cease.

Do you eat throughout the day? Do you eat roughly a ten percent calorie deficit?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you might need to eat a little bit more? Do you know what your maintenance calories should be? If so, then maybe subtract only 150-200 from that, instead of 500.
  • deamarie
    Options
    I feel ya sister! I have been struggling with the last 10-12 for, oh I don't know, a few years now!! I almost wonder if it is worth it....Will it be too hard to maintain once I get there????