look at my food tracker please!

Options
I've been serious about eating better and exercising since January and am still at 201. I've only recently started using MFP for food tracking (i was using a dry erase board for daily counts before) and I'm exercising when i have the chance to (i'm a stay at home mom with a 9 month old that doesn't like his walker). I know i've been under my suggested calorie count recently, but i'm not really hungry for more and I'm really trying to eat better. I'm very frustrated and disappointed and don't know what's wrong....my next step is a Dr. visit to talk about this if something doesn't start happening soon. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to actually see results?

Replies

• kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I viewed a few days of your diary and I would begin by really increasing your intake of water. I think you'll be amazed at what that does for you. Also, each person is different but I know for me, I have to eat things with very little sugars in it except for fresh or frozen fruit. I eat much more protein than what MFP recommends and don't eat as much carbs. as recommended. My carbs. are coming from my fruits and veggies. Like I said, though, this works for me. I'm definitely not suggesting a no carb. diet. Been there - done that - gained it all back! I'm just suggesting tweaking a few things to see what works for you. I've finally found that more protein, fruits and veggies works best for me. I know you've said it's hard for you but try to get closer to eating your suggested calories and see if that doesn't jump starts some things.
    You'll get lots of support and suggestions on MFP. I hope you find something that works!!! Hang in there, sweetie!!!!! :smile:
  • pigsfly1972
    pigsfly1972 Posts: 14
    Options
    Here are a few things I noticed. Your not eating enough raw fresh food. Veggies and fruit. I would stay clear from any foods that are white in color . Look up Lean secrets.com and on facebook. She has some really good points on diet and nutrition. She has a lot of videos on youtube. I would stay away for the most part on sugar as well. To much processed food and dairy . Also you may want to see if you are sensitive to gluten or wheat a lot of time that makes you gain weight in your middle section. walking is good and yoga . You should eat rainbow color foods . Lots of green things.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the other posts, try increasing your fruits and veggies, plus I would really try to add some lean protein to each meal. Plus try to have some almonds, string cheese, Greek yogurt as a snack. You should aim for smaller meals so that you are never starving yourself. Once you start eating a little more, your body will figure it out and start to shed some pounds. Please feel free to look at my diary if you need any food ideas or if you want to see how I work in my 1200 calories. Good luck to you.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Agree about the snacks, jackiecrobert. String cheese is a staple for my husband and me, as are blackberries and strawberries, hard boiled eggs and low fat cottage cheese. Keeps us filled up for much longer.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been serious about eating better and exercising since January and am still at 201. I've only recently started using MFP for food tracking (i was using a dry erase board for daily counts before) and I'm exercising when i have the chance to (i'm a stay at home mom with a 9 month old that doesn't like his walker). I know i've been under my suggested calorie count recently, but i'm not really hungry for more and I'm really trying to eat better. I'm very frustrated and disappointed and don't know what's wrong....my next step is a Dr. visit to talk about this if something doesn't start happening soon. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to actually see results?

Start reading about nutrition and don't accept anything as gospel. This is a good start. Eat real food, avoid processed foods as much as possible, avoid anything white, avoid dairy except non fat plain yogurt (add your own stevia/sugar and vanilla or cocoa) and start walking, bicycling, running, skating, with your baby.

need some inspiration?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qX9FSZJu448
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

is this a joke? You really ate this all in one day. This is a prank or something to get the community abuzz..........lol
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I didn't see any fish in your diet. Do you not like fish or you just don't eat it?
    Great for protein and omega 3 and low in carbs. I have fish 3 or 4 times a week.
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    you eat an exceptional amount of processed foods. And pizza. And bagels. And ice cream. And cake...for breakfast.

Not all calories are created equally. Give fresh foods and protein a try.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    you eat an exceptional amount of processed foods. And pizza. And bagels. And ice cream. And cake...for breakfast.

Not all calories are created equally. Give fresh foods and protein a try.
    I did think that too. Glad someone else said it first.