View my diary and HELP me please.

Options
Can you please look at my diary and criticise and tell me what is okay?
I would really appreciate the help!

Replies

• armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do you drink any water throughout the day?
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Whoops didn't add that in, I normally aim for at least 6 glasses a day
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well I went back a week or tried too and you're not consistent with logging. If you really want this site to work for you, you need to put in the time. Honestly from today alone, you eat pretty clean! Way to go! You eat much more clean than I do but I'm overly picky. You had a great day, stick to it! Are you working out at all?
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    it's because I went through a bad patch and just started up today and here to stay, just wanted advice if it's bad or good so i know if im doing the right thing or not haha
  • armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Then what you have showing on your diary is good. You should see results with a little exercise. Keep it up
  • lurkette
    lurkette Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    From the little I see, (about 2 1/2 days worth) I think you're eating too few calories. You should be consuming at least 1,500 a day, please don't overcompensate by going anorexic. I know the 1,200 cal/day option is there but it's adviseable not to take it. Losing weight slower will keep the elasticity in your skin from wearing out so you don't end up with hanging ponches or grisly stretchmarks. Trust me, Cocoa Butter is not a miracle cure for that.

As for the frequency of your entries, I have no room to complain. But please take my words under advisement. The goal should not be simply to lose weight, it should be to get healthy and sustain that new lifestyle indefinetely. Good luck!
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am not professional in this, but as per to my knowledge the only problem in your diary is : you didn't reach 1200 calories.
    And one more thing, when you search for the food try to select the food without (*) that mean it's added by MFP admin itself not by user, just to be more accurate.
    and the last issue, you have amazing point in your diary, which is : good amount of Sodium.

For me this is an ideal diary, hope I have the same.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    As per my experience with this site, I don't advise you to make any change in the calories intake which selected by this site, all peoples which increase their intake ( above MFP advice ) are losing their weight very slowly.
  • nesstle
    nesstle Posts: 62
    Options
    more protein, less sodium. more water.
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    MFP gave me the 1200 calories, i haven't changed it
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    ...not consistent with logging.

Is my only criticism too. I always log even on a real crap day, then at least I can see where I went wrong if I don't loose weight/cm.
    x
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    Thanks guys

and like i said, i went through a massive rough patch with family and starting to log starting today
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I used a few online calculators and averaged to get mine. Ended up being 1305kcal a day.
    Odd number but seems to be okay for me. Some days I go a bit over, some a bit under but if I average that over the week I'm happy xx
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    I only looked at the one day, so I might have this wrong. You may want to look at increasing your protein and just keep an eye on where your carbs are coming from (esp if you have cravings and have the need to snack between meals).
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    As per my experience with this site, I don't advise you to make any change in the calories intake which selected by this site, all peoples which increase their intake ( above MFP advice ) are losing their weight very slowly.

Losing the weight slowly is NOT a bad thing. In fact in a lot of cases it is preferable to losing it quickly. I am planning on taking more than a year to lose the weight I want to. By the time I am done, I SHOULD have retrained myself to eat in a healthier and more sustainable way. SO not sure why you think that is a BAD thing.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good. I would echo the others, drink water and commit to the long haul. Don't expect instant weight loss. Just keep on track, keep eating a lot of veggies and fruits. Get enough protien and try to stay with complex carbs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options

Mfp suggested it but you provide thr input. Are you aiming for 2 lbs a week? With the amount of weight you have to lose, you can onlu aim for 1/2 lb or 1 lb max a week. And if you reallu want to lose fat then start with adding strength training. And dont worry about bulking as its impossible without drugs. Also change your macros to 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats. Mfp is high in carbs.