Wii FIT

Options
Is it possible to get a good workout on a Wii FIT? Cardio particularly?

Does anyone use one?

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I've gotten good workouts from mine. :D
    Then again I'm a fatter person so it's a harder workout for me. Still, it's fun and I think you can definitely get a decent cardio workout at any size, especially with the bicycle and running games.
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii fit and I don't like it very much ... don't feel like I get very much ... I also have Wii Active and I like that much better, I'm currently doing it's 30 day challenge.
  • bitterfusion
    bitterfusion Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how active you are currently. For people who never do exercise, it's a good introduction to exercise. Otherwise, you may find yourself disappointed. The most 'exhausting' thing is jogging on the spot. However, if you want a really good workout, go jogging outside imo. It will save you a load of money otherwise spent on this.
  • damnititsme
    damnititsme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It probably isn't great for a good cardio workout, unless like others say you are new to exercise. But it is good for toning and learning exercises to do with/without weights. Plus it's great for body/mind coordination, useful if you want to play competitive sports. Above all else if you get in from work and would normally slump in front of the television this would be a much better way to fill your evening.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it. I can make the rhythm boxing into some decent cardio by just doing my best each time, and I would never just run on the spot for 10 minutes or more, but I will with the wii fit. I reckon the free step is the equivalent of a nice walk, and you can do it while watching TV, so you can combine it with what you would normally be doing rather than having to find time for it.

I don't think the 'difficulty' is high, but for gentle cardio it's fine. Get a dance game too to add some variety and intensity.
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I found it too easy cardio wise. Strength and yoga moves are great, but take TOO LONG making me watch the instructions each time.

Although something good DID come out of it. My elderly parents LOVED it !! And were getting some good movement, and actually getting a bit puffed and off the couch. So yay for that lol