Suggestions please!

Options
Cal28
Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
Just got a new job (wohoo!) but its ruining my attempts to exercise...

I'm not too happy to admit it but I'm generally quite lazy when it comes to fitness :blushing:
I REALLY :heart: doing gym classes and I found I really pushed myself (and couldn't escape!) and managed to go 3-6 times a week.

Now I need to leave for work before the earliest gym class ends and I'm not home in time for the last one :sad: . Currently working 6 days a week (but hopefully that will calm down in a month or two) so how can I keep up the burn until then?

I try and go for a walk or bike ride on my day off & I've ordered a few more Jillian DVD's but would love some more suggestions please!

Replies

• Cal28
    Options
    Just wanted to bump (I know how quickly thread vanish!) :smile:
  • DrGeriK
    DrGeriK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would just do the DVD thing since you're unable to get to the gym. I've had to do the same with with my Zumba class for various reasons. I was going 5 days/week and now have had to cut it down to 2X/week so I do Tae Bo at home. Once you log in your minutes of working our on MFP and see how many calories you've burned, that will be motivation enough to exercise at home! I know it is for me! HTH.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    What kind of classes did you enjoy taking?

I would recommend finding something you can do at home in the evenings, like something from youtube (there's masses of workout videos, aerobics, Pilate's, strength training, Zumba, you name it) you can also pick up some hand weights or even resistance bands maybe to help you on you way (I recommend some weights). I have never set foot in a gym, but I am loving all the Jillian Michaels work outs, I have added them to my regular routine (lifting), but only do them once or twice a week, but the 30 shred is fun, and the ripped is also meant to be good, and from what I have seen the 6 week 6 pack and killer buns and thighs are a great workouts too (pretty intense too).....they are usually cheap to buy (could probably even pick them up second hand) or there are other methods where things like that can be obtained on line...

Its more of a push to work out at home, and you will have to force yourself, so it takes a little more commitment but the JM vids are short and sweet (25-40min) so its not too much time to fit into the evening, which is why I love them.
  • Cal28
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far.
    The classes I like were RPM (spinning), Body Pump & Combat.

Have just ordered the Jillian Michaels collection but its coming from the UK (currently down under)

Is Tae Bo any good? x
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I work out on gym stuff outside at our footy ground, but I have a few pieces given to me too. Maybe you might be able to get an eliptical or stationary bike to work with at home. I also use had weights to train at home and the 30 day shred I have just started on. What about a walk in your lunch hour it is always good or is there a gym near where you work that you could go to for a short workout in your lunch hour if you have time.
  • Cal28
    Options
    I was looking at joining a 24 hour gym (they don't do ANY classes though...) but just not sure how motivated I'd be?

How do you all make yourself stay on a piece of equipment? If I go on an actual bike ride or walk I obviously have to get back but knowing I can stop at any time makes the devil on my shoulder very lazy! :smile: