binge eating on the weekends..

Options
I need HELP.....

I do so well on the weekdays...and then on the weekends..I begin to binge eat...any suggestions?

Replies

• mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Save calories for the weekend throughout the week? I save a bunch for the weekend...
  • ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    urgh i have the same problem :/ i really am dreading weekends :( i always stay home, especially now because i have to study for upcoming exams and because i'm bored and food is right in the kitchen i just can't resist :'(((
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    How about structuring your weekend days with plenty of workouts so you have more calories to consume? Do you run? You could do your long run on the weekend. How about going to the gym and spending a couple hours. Then you'd have those calories to eat.
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    To do the weight in Monday or Tuesday helps me stay on track. But absolutely on weekends I also have highest calorie intake always.
  • dictations
    dictations Posts: 199
    Options
    I binge eat every Saturday, as long as I eat really well for the other 6 days I think it's okay to have that one ''pigging out'' day.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I binge eat every Saturday, as long as I eat really well for the other 6 days I think it's okay to have that one ''pigging out'' day.

I do this, too. What are you eating the rest of the week? I ask because I found that when I stopped eating sweets except for Saturday, I was much less interested in sweets in general, including on Saturdays. I also find I am less hungry in general. The other reason I am okay eating more on the weekend is because that is when I get most of my exercise (more free time for walking, cleaning, etc.).
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    How about structuring your weekend days with plenty of workouts so you have more calories to consume? Do you run? You could do your long run on the weekend. How about going to the gym and spending a couple hours. Then you'd have those calories to eat.

I think this is great advice. I generally run 16 miles+ on Saturday morning which gives me a little more to work with that day ... and then Sunday I'm generally satiated and can stick to my calorie intake.
  • SecondChance2012
    Options
    I have the same problem but at night when I can't sleep. Since your seem to struggle with the weekends, are there any activities you can quickly engage in to distract yourself? At night, because I can't just run out to change my mind-set, I used guided meditation CDs. Truthfully, they're not a magic fix but they do help me to stop obsessing about food. A friend of mine also suggested that everytime I want to eat to drink a glass of water and wait at least 15 minutes. Again, not perfect but sometimes this helps me to get past the cravings and mental obsession. Hope this is useful. Let me know if you want the names of some of the guided medication CDs I use. :-) Keep up the galant effort!
  • SecondChance2012
    Options
    :-)