Ovarian Cyst

Options
MUByM
MUByM Posts: 208
Hello, I am 23 years old and have a 3 year old. At 4 months pregnant I was told I had an ovarian cyst, on my left side, that had 2 liters of fluid. I had surgery at 6 months pregnant and got it removed. Today I was laying down and all of a sudden I got these sharp stabbing pains in my lower right pelvic area. I had to get into a fetal position so the pain would subside. Could this be another cyst? What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Call your Dr just in case. That is exactly how I feel every time I have a cyst. It could be something else, but you don't want to take any chances.
  • LoveLivingHealthy
    Options
    i used to have cysts on my ovaries too which i had surgery to get removed. (one of them was a benign tera toma tumor the size of a baseball) anywho.. but for some reason i never felt pain with them except painful menstrual cramps. but from what i've been told by those that have had cysts on their ovaries have said that they felt pain so bad that they would lay in a fetal position. i would definitely get it checked out.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I had a 15cm cyst on my right ovary and they had to remove it whole because they were scared it was cancerous.

I would say go see your Doctor. Ask for an Ultrasound/Sonogram to see if you have one again. People who get one cyst and usually prone to them so it is likely it will come back!

It might be scared tissue which has stopped the mobility of your ovary so ask them to check that too!

Cx
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    It could be the cyst, but it could also be your appendix. I'm not a doctor, so I would get it checked out if it continues to hurt. I have a cyst on my left ovary and a cyst on my right kidney, they've been there since I was in my momma's belly! The ovary cyst once in a while will give me pain, but nothing excruciating. Just make sure to see a doctor if it get's worse.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Are you still pregnant? Do you have a fever? I would call the doctor.
    Good luck!

P.S. I too had the joy of ovarian cycsts. I was even lucky enough to have them rupture. The only way I could get the pain to stop was to move around. I know it's hard. But moving worked better then any pain killer. That said, don't do anything until you get the all clear. Just to be on the safe side.

Keep us posted.
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    Get it checked out right away, it could be appendicitis.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Even a doctor couldn't diagnose you based solely on the info you gave. Call your doctor and find out for sure what it is rather than asking a bunch of strangers, probably none of whom have a medical license, to diagnose you over the internet.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Even a doctor couldn't diagnose you based solely on the info you gave. Call your doctor and find out for sure what it is rather than asking a bunch of strangers, probably none of whom have a medical license, to diagnose you over the internet.

Wow - What an unhelpful comment! No wonder no one wanted to reply after you.

I think she's fully aware that she cant get diagnosed over the internet (even if YOU were a GP/Doctor you still cant diagnose on the internet) but she was asking for advice.... Strangers or not - people can relate to each other.

I have had A LOT of ovarian problems and often feel like I am annoying the doctors when I go back all the time.... The Gynaecologist has had enough of me and often feel I wont bother them any more. I would have liked to speak to WOMEN who had the same sort of issues.... In fact - I DID talk to women who had ovarian problems and NO they didn't have a medical degree but they had experience of sitting in the seat I was in....

So, despite your sarcastic comment - I think its perfectly OK to ask for "strangers" advice on if other people (who know how it feels) think its serious enough to go to the doctors.

Maybe in future - Unless you have helpful comments maybe you shouldn't reply to people.
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options

Wow - What an unhelpful comment! No wonder no one wanted to reply after you.

I think she's fully aware that she cant get diagnosed over the internet (even if YOU were a GP/Doctor you still cant diagnose on the internet) but she was asking for advice.... Strangers or not - people can relate to each other.

I have had A LOT of ovarian problems and often feel like I am annoying the doctors when I go back all the time.... The Gynaecologist has had enough of me and often feel I wont bother them any more. I would have liked to speak to WOMEN who had the same sort of issues.... In fact - I DID talk to women who had ovarian problems and NO they didn't have a medical degree but they had experience of sitting in the seat I was in....

So, despite your sarcastic comment - I think its perfectly OK to ask for "strangers" advice on if other people (who know how it feels) think its serious enough to go to the doctors.

Maybe in future - Unless you have helpful comments maybe you shouldn't reply to people.

It may be blunt, but I doubt that sarcasm was the intent here.
    Going to a trusted professional sounds like pretty good advice. I've had similar issues, but that doesn't make me (or anyone else online) an expert on your body or your symptoms.
    Your health isn't something to entrust to anyone who doesn't have all the facts. Please don't hesitate to get checked out by a doctor just because it may seem like a "bother". I've never heard worse advice.
    If medical insurance or $ is an issue, check out Planned Parenthood or similar clinics.
    Best of luck!
  • MUByM
    Options
    Thanks Chels. I thought it was a bit rude. I wasn't asking for a diagnosis. I was simply asking for advice. I actually have an appointment on Tuesday. That was the earliest day they could get me in.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I've had one too, also when I was pregnant at 16 weeks.
    Mine was 12cm and it twisted so had to be removed.
    I've been told there's 15-20% chance in women that your other ovary will get it, even if the first one has been removed.
    So yeah, it's good you've got an appointment :) I hope everything goes well.
  • MUByM
    Options
    Hey all just updating you guys. I went to the doctor today and he supects it could be a cyst. He referred me to another doctor to have a full physical exam and ultrasound. I have my appointment on Wednesday.

I've been feeling extremely bloated lately but it's worse today. I started the 200 sit up challenge to day and now I'm really bloated and have really bad cramps on my lower abdomen. I hope I didn't screw myself over with doing the sit ups. I'll update soon.