Wii FIT

Options
How do you get a good workout on one? My husband bought me one for mothers day lol

Replies

• alexngbr
    alexngbr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii fit quite regularly and find that I rarely build up a huge sweat but it does provide variety plus it tells me off if I don't do enough or gain weight which helps with motivation!

The exercises I enjoy most are step plus, boxing and hoola hoops. The yoga stuff is also good. Personally I am rubbish at the balance games but they're quite fun.

Once you've got the Wii board though there are other great games out there which work you harder such as personal trainer or zumba.

Just try all the stuff out and have fun!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I always use my WiiFit! I love it! I love how it keeps track of calories burned, it's easier to log it that way, and it also keeps track of how long you've been on it.

The exercises I like are the runs, the biking, the step plus, hula hoops, and the penguin game. I do the yoga after a long workout just to end off with something calming.

You don't have to just use the WiiFit with just those games. You can play other games that burn calories and help you workout as well. I have Just Dance and Just Dance 2, and both of them make me work up a sweat and it's all dancing! It's so much fun! There are also sports, like tennis, or bowling, and golfing that you can do for a workout. I've seen the zumba game, but I have never personally tried the game.

I love my Wii Fit :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, other games will burn more calories than games on the Wii Fit (Just Dance, Zumba). I do like step aerobics on the Wii Fit. The only one that actually makes me sweat are any of the running ones, including the obstacle course.