What level of activity would you say this is?

Options
I've just started a new job as the Yard Manager of a riding club/stud. This involves a LOT of aerobic activity; grooming, tacking up, leading horses, sweeping, carrying huge buckets of water, general running around for 8-12 hours a day. I'm always shattered at the end of the day and need to work out my new TDEE so ideas anyone? Thanks :)

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    depends on your current weight and height...which are ? :-)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That's got to class as a "physical job" surely?
  • cazriley41
    cazriley41 Posts: 16
    Options
    I would say it was moderate, it also depends on if your out of breath when you do a certain job, if yes then i would say moderate to very moderate, also i would test to see from when you start a job till you finish of wether you have slogged your gutts out to do the job. Hope this makes sense ha.
  • 123Linz
    123Linz Posts: 80
    Options
    I have just posted the same question about my work on the fitness link!
  • plarcade
    plarcade Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    5'8", 141lbs
  • plarcade
    Options
    That's got to class as a "physical job" surely?
    It certainly feels like it!! ;) I'm keeping up with 3 men and they find it hard graft as well
  • plarcade
    Options
    I would say it was moderate, it also depends on if your out of breath when you do a certain job, if yes then i would say moderate to very moderate, also i would test to see from when you start a job till you finish of wether you have slogged your gutts out to do the job. Hope this makes sense ha.
    Pushing heavy wheelbarrows, carrying 20l buckets of water 2 at a time....I certainly work HARD some of the time. The rest of the time I hardly ever sit down.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Your activity level doesn't depend on your height and weight.

I'd probably try "Active" for a month and see what happens. You can always adjust.
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would prob put it as highly active! I have had a job like yours before and definately high activity levels.... You are very lucky to do what you do! My dream job for sure! I miss being around horses! Good luck!! :)
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Def active! Sounds like you will be able to eat much more calories!!!! Good for you, awesome job, have fun. you are going to have crazy strong arms and legs!
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I would go wth the high active job. I think carpernter and such in in that group. You can adjust from there if need.
  • plarcade
    Options
    I have just posted the same question about my work on the fitness link!
    I'll have a look :)