Who Is Interested in Joining a "Walking With Pedometers" Clu

Options
I do not leave my house without my trusty pedometer on and have been making a concerted effort to get my 10,000 steps in daily. With the weather cooling off a bit (at least on the East Coast), it is inviting to take long walks outside. Is anyone interested in joining me in setting walking goals and supporting each other in reaching them?

I will begin reporting tomorrow, Wednesday, September 16th, how many steps I've taken and would sure love it if you guys joined me. Everything counts, walking on treadmills, walking outside, and doing your walking DVDs. It all adds up to increased stamina and good health while keeping unwanted calories at bay! As soon as October arrives, we can establish individual goals for that month, support each other and see how we've done at month's end. The only criterion you need to join is a desire to walk regularly for your good health. What do you say? Are you with me?:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I have a step counter on my phone. I put it in my pocket first thing in the morning when I walk my dogs and hook it up to the charger the last thing before I go to bed.:laugh:

I'd love to part of a group that is working at walking more steps each day (or week) or whatever.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm game!
    I want to remember to wear my pedometer more.
    I have a sore knee right now but I am trying to get in as many steps as possible without "real" cardio done.
    :drinker:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Me, me, me!! I'm in! I'm in!! :happy:
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am happy to have company. Would everyone please post tomorrow how many steps were taken earlier in the day? We are here to support each other, so please post even if you didn't take as many steps as you would have liked. I'll talk to everyone tomorrow and anyone else who wishes to join us is most welcome.

Welcome, barbiecat, gettinfitmama and strongandfit, so glad you're joining me!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome thats how I lost most of my weight is walking :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    5 of us already. This is exciting. Hope lots more join us:happy: :happy: Will do Peschuntz, will report my steps tomorrow.

Tks for starting this walking club Peschuntz!:flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    i'm in :)
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Hi All! 4897 so far for me. Have a good day walking to you all.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    I got my first pedometer over five years ago. I've lost several of them back when the only kind were the ones that clipped onto your waistband. I used them faithfully for a long time then got complacent and didn't want to buy another one just to lose it. I also didn't lose any weight during that time :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    About two years ago I got a new phone that had a "fitness application" that included a step counter and the capability to recall your steps for four weeks so you could look back and make comparisons. It goes in my pocket so except for the time that I washed it in the pocket of my jeans and had to buy a new one:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I've used it ever since.

Right now with good weather for walking, I'm doing well with steps. The challenge will be when the cold and rainy days come (I live in Northwest Washington state which is famous for rain).

Yesterday I walked 18,762 steps which included walking for 50 minutes at the dog park while my dogs played and walking nine holes of golf with my husband (he played, I didn't).

I put a sticker on my calendar if I walk over 11,000 steps and I'm aiming for 14,000 a day.

sometimes I walk up and down the hall for awhile at bedtime if I don't have enough steps:laugh:

Best wishes to us all on this challenge.
    Barbie
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hello all! Happy to see that falhaone and Shanta 1983 will be joining us - welcome! Very impressive, barbiecat, you are so motivated and walk so many steps, it's no wonder you're doing great with your weight loss. I will check in later with my own steps. Have a great day everyone!

(Anyone else who wishes to join "Walking with Pedometers" is welcome to do so. :drinker: )
  • gettinfitmama
    Options
    So are we starting a new Walking With Pedometers thread each day or just going to keep this one going?

I took my two boys on the MetroLink and to the baseball game today.
    We walked a ton around the Stadium. YAY

According to my pedometer, I have walked 14315 steps today. YAY me.

I was considering doing treadmill/bike/elliptical tonight but I am exhausted so I may just veg in front of the tv.

Walk on! :drinker:
  • gettinfitmama
    Options
    Ok I need to brag on myself.
    I am going to do a little on my new (to me) Elliptical while I watch some of the Biggest Loser premiere.

I need to get back on track and this is what I need.
    Thanks for starting this walking group! :drinker:

P.S. since I just noticed that I forgot to hit the "post reply" button-

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill for an additional 6199 steps. YAY

total steps today = 20514 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

This group has been what I have needed to get back on track. :smile:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    You certainly do need to brag! That is beyond impressive, gettinfitmama! Go to the head of the class.
    To respond to your earlier post, I have begun a new thread simply entitled "Walking with Pedometers." If you get read this post I'm hoping you'll post in that one with today's major accomplishment. You did so well, it's worth saying twice.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    2308 so far. So far so good:happy:

Anyone here also on :bigsmile: :bigsmile: walkertracker.com? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: It's cool.:glasses: Keeps track of your steps automatically. Check it out :happy:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    8959 final steps for the day Good day

Keeping tracking really helps :happy: :happy:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Hi all,

Would anyone wanting to post their daily progress or join this group find the thread simply entitled "Walking with Pedometers?" I apologize for any confusion and hope we limit posting to just one thread - the other one. Thanks!:drinker:
  • kandila_ana
    Options
    Love to join in the group!
    I , too have a great cell phone with built in Fitness Apps. It counts and logs my every step. It has made me acutely aware that I am not walking enough. We live in the desert southwest. So walking became impossible for the last 3 months when it was 120+ outside. So I'm thrilled Fall is coming. I actually walked 2 miles+ yesterday and it was just under 100 degrees at 7 am.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Welcome, kandila_ana! We are happy to have you as a member. When you post your daily steps, please do so in the "Walking with Pedometers" thread as opposed to this one. Unfortunately, I started two threads, but we will be using the other to post. Again, welcome, we are pleased to have you join.
  • CameraShy
    Options
    Count me in. I logged 6 miles on the treadmill today. I will buy a pedometer this weekend.