Weight loss help - net calories

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I've been using this website since the end of February, I had lost 9lbs put have gained about 2 back in the last few weeks. The only thing that has changed in my routine is that I have been doing more exercise.

I have currently been burning anywhere from 500 to 750 calories on my exercise bike. Over the last 2 weeks I have probably been eating about 1100 calories net. I have lost some a few inches (combined) around my neck, waist and hips.

A friend of mine, who's Mom has a background in healthcare, said that your body will go into preservation mode if you don't eat enough. My question is how much should I actually be eating (my goal at the moment is ~1600 calories/day).

Thanks

Replies

• jandv1991
    jandv1991 Posts: 19
    Options
    That information is correct; your body will think it is not getting enough nutrients and will then start 'holding on to it'. I would up the calories - I am going through the same thing right now and I am having to experiment to find what actually works and what doesnt. I work out for an hour a day - cardio 5 or 6 days a week. MFP says I need 1970 calories which I usually get to without problems and then I dont eat the calories I burn. Which generally leaves me any where from 1300 - 1500 calories that I did not burn. I know that there are various calculators on the internet that will tell you how many calories you need to eat by your body type, age, and activity level.
    In my opinion I would say 1600 calories would be a good goal for your net calories.