Bikram yoga..is it worth it?

Lisnagry
Lisnagry Posts: 10 Member
Hi
Am thinking about starting bikram yoga (hot yoga) but its quite pricey and the classes are 90mins long so very time consuming!! Is it worth it? Anyone have any positive results?

Replies

• jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    I absolutely LOVE LOVE bikram, if there was a studio close to me that would be the only work out I would do! I was practicing religiously several years ago and it was the best shape I have ever been in! If you go everyday it will be very worth it!!!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    See if you can find a Groupon or Living Social deal to try it out first. I LOVE Bikram yoga!
  • onefuzzy
    onefuzzy Posts: 33 Member
    I LOVE it too! The place I go have 1 hour, 75 min and 90 min classes. I like it because I depending on how much time I have I can choose what works best for me :)

Just make sure you start hydrating the day before!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    If you enjoy yoga then a 90 minute class is a wonderful amount of time. I enjoy the heat but others don't. Also with any yoga class your experience depends so much on the instructor...good luck!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes, it is worth it. Keep looking for deals though.

I like the hot yoga place near me...on weekends they have an instructor in training and classes are $5 instead of the usual $15.
  • Cindy_38
    Cindy_38 Posts: 6
    I just started it last week and one thing I wasn't prepared for was the extra 30 minutes. It was tough and I was completely exhausted but it felt good.

If you never tried it before, maybe take one class before making a commitment.
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Yes- it is worth it. The weight loss, flexibility, glowing skin, "yoga"-brain, sense of community, improved sex life (core strengthening)- I mean, I could go on and on. It is WELL worth the $$ and time. I promise- try it for a month. Go at least three times a week- you'll NEVER want to go back to your old way of life. The money would get spent on something else anyways, and as far as the time goes- what better way then to spend 3-4 hours of your week improving you mind, body and spirit? GO FOR IT!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Yesssss, absolutely yes. I took a week's worth of Bikram last summer and fell in love with it. Then, I moved and the closest thing we have up here is a place offering hot yoga twice a week at random times.

Do it!... I agree with the other poster about looking for Groupon or LivingSocial deals though! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    I didn't think I would like it, but I was pleasantly surprised! I lovevd how much it made you sweat and how awesome I felt afterward. I bought a living social deal for it, and it was $30. I remember looking at my shins during one pose and my shins were sweating. It was awesome. :)