Feeling VERY disappointed in myself

Options
:embarassed: :sick: :embarassed: :sick: :frown: Last week i went over on calories but still managed to lose 3lbs. THis week is going to be different= excpet that today my emotional eating kicked in hard core and I didnt even "think about it"... .Well it's exams at school- and my 10 page research paper is due in a few hours and i've got 123423 other things to do today- besides everything with school- well i had a bagel and cream cheese for lunch that my sister brought me from Panera- but then i was stressing on my way home from her house and not even thinking and I stopped at Mcdonalds and got a 2 cheeseburger meal. So with my cereal, Bagel and Mcdonalds food ALL BEFORE 11:30am.. I'm already 91 calories over for the day! Is there anything I can do to salvage this day???????? I dont want to go crazy because i think, "pfft well im already over for the day!"

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: :sick: :embarassed: :sick: :frown: Last week i went over on calories but still managed to lose 3lbs. THis week is going to be different= excpet that today my emotional eating kicked in hard core and I didnt even "think about it"... .Well it's exams at school- and my 10 page research paper is due in a few hours and i've got 123423 other things to do today- besides everything with school- well i had a bagel and cream cheese for lunch that my sister brought me from Panera- but then i was stressing on my way home from her house and not even thinking and I stopped at Mcdonalds and got a 2 cheeseburger meal. So with my cereal, Bagel and Mcdonalds food ALL BEFORE 11:30am.. I'm already 91 calories over for the day! Is there anything I can do to salvage this day???????? I dont want to go crazy because i think, "pfft well im already over for the day!"
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    If you can afford the time, get in some exercise! It'll help clear your head and get you calories back under! Best of luck, I know this can be a difficult time, but you'll get through it!!!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard, but try to change your way of thinking. You can get back on track starting now! Don't wait until tomorrow! That's how we get completely off track. Also don't feel too bad, it happens to all of us. Last week I swear i ate out like 3 times! And went for ice cream twice! And I barely eat out anymore!
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    If you can afford the time, get in some exercise! It'll help clear your head and get you calories back under! Best of luck, I know this can be a difficult time, but you'll get through it!!!

Thanks- my daughter (who is 8) asked me last night if tonight after dinner we could go for a walk down the bike trail. (we usually do a 3 or 5 mile walk).. so Hopefully that will burn SOME calories =) thanks for the advice!
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    I know it's hard, but try to change your way of thinking. You can get back on track starting now! Don't wait until tomorrow! That's how we get completely off track. Also don't feel too bad, it happens to all of us. Last week I swear i ate out like 3 times! And went for ice cream twice! And I barely eat out anymore!

Thanks for the advice! You're right- why do I assume I have to get on track tomorrow? WHy not go exercise later and get on track TODAY!!!!!!! See this is why i LOVE this site- you all are helping me to actually change my way of thinking!!!!!
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Hang in there! We all have bad days now and then. Thats what makes us human. It is what you decide to do with the rest of your days that matters! Jump right back on track and you will be fine!

Good Luck on your exams!!!
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    Hang in there! We all have bad days now and then. Thats what makes us human. It is what you decide to do with the rest of your days that matters! Jump right back on track and you will be fine!

Good Luck on your exams!!!

THANK YOU!!!! This site is addicting- i should be writing my paper and studying- but NOOO i'm writing messages on the forums on MFP! haha
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i am feeling you especially on this! Yesterday i went over my calories well before dinner and really got upset. I knew i still had to cook for the fam, but was freaking out bc i wasnt going to get to eat the dinner i made! After finding me crying in the bedroom my man was like "you dont have to make up for this tomorrow, make up for it TODAY! Go do the hike before dinner, you will feel so much better"
    and so i did..and i still got to eat dinner!
    I think we have a stigma that once we have 'ruined' the day, that it might as well all be lost...but as someone once told me... Calories and exercise have no clock!
    Chin up!!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i am feeling you especially on this! Yesterday i went over my calories well before dinner and really got upset. I knew i still had to cook for the fam, but was freaking out bc i wasnt going to get to eat the dinner i made! After finding me crying in the bedroom my man was like "you dont have to make up for this tomorrow, make up for it TODAY! Go do the hike before dinner, you will feel so much better"
    and so i did..and i still got to eat dinner!
    I think we have a stigma that once we have 'ruined' the day, that it might as well all be lost...but as someone once told me... Calories and exercise have no clock!
    Chin up!!

GOOD FOR YOUR MAN!!!!! :happy: That helps so much to keep you on the right track! You got a good man! :flowerforyou:
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would put together a eating plan and have your meals planned out. Then your less likely to cheat and have those days. and tell sister to buy a whole wheat bagel for you next time( if thats what you had.. don't stress... that was good) just have it without the cream cheese. Put a Pure protein bar(20g) in your purse, when you get hungry... you have it. And instead of going to McDonalds, go to Jack n the box and have their chicken fajita pita with no cheese... its under 300 calories and is soooo yummy... but remember.. No frys! :happy: And we all have those days and if you start off having something bad we get the mind set of... oh well its already shot.. i'm going to mcdonalds.... and we have to stop thinking that way! I've been there too! Just remember to love your body and remind your self that every time you eat something unhealthy your body doesn't like it. And for every 100 calories is 1 mile running on the treadmill, less if you walk.
    I hope you have a fantastic day... have fun with your daughter tonight walking, maybe you can jog for 3 houses and walk 3, jog 3 houses walk 3, until eventually your a runner with your daughter!! I run with my son and its great family time. Best of luck today!!:flowerforyou:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You said that without thinking you pulled into McDonald's. Were you unconscience when you were driving? I am not being a smart *kitten* but instead of going to McDonald's, find a healthier alternative. OR find a healthier alternative at McD's. Instead of cheeseburgers, get the grilled chicken sandwich without mayo. It's not the greatest thing in the world but better than cheeseburgers. Stay away from the fries and pop. We all have choices in life and must live with them.

Yesterday, I was doing very well and then had a medium Blizzard from Dairy Queen. It was soooooo good but I was fully aware of what I was doing. I do regret it in a way but I know I won't have one for a long time.

Get back on track immediately.

It's good to also know those healtier alternatives at each restaurants. I found that the mandarin chicken salad from Wendy's has 170 calories. Add the almonds and a HALF a packet of dressing and I had a filling and yummy meal for 385 calories.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Isn't there somewhere you can get a blizzard type treat with sugar free icecream and fresh strawberries? Sonic maybe? Or is it just fat free icecream (an oxymoron)
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    You know if you can't make up for it today because of exams, etc. then you can cut back on a few calories off every day for the rest of the week. Remember you're in this for the journey...it's not a short distance race but a marathon. Along the way you will have to realize that you are going to have days of defeat, dissapointment and discouragement but in the long run one day is one day!! There are 7 days in a week...30 days (on an average) in a month 365 days in a year...you see where I am going with this. Don't beat yourself up over one day when it's just a single grain of salt in your hourglass of time!!

Hang in there. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off,, and look ahead!
    Good Luck on your paper, exams, etc.
  • ziggywins
    ziggywins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly you lost 3 lbs last week? Thats GREAT! Remember its the long term that matters.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have you tried keeping a lunch bag with healthy lo-cal treats next to you to sip on and nibble while you study and write your paper? Then you will not be hungry and not have the guilt? Everyone gains during term paper time lol. And don't be afraid to take you 5 -10 minute "crazy dance breaks" every hour. You burn calories, keep the circulation going, and ease some tension too.
  • parthayns
    Options
    Sounds like you had every reason be stressed. It happens to all of us. We just need to start and try again tomorrow. I just started this whole thing and yes, I've had disappointing moments... but the trick is to remember to take one day at a time! I love counting my calories. Today I went to taco bell for the first time in years. Usually after I eat a fast food item, I feel that I ruined my diet and just eat what ever I want. This calorie counter really helps me stay focused. Wishing you well.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i so had a day like this
    its school holidays here and so i had both kids home and still had swimming playgroup for my youngest (they decided to keep going over holidays) so i sucked it up and took both kids by myself (my eldest is special needs) all went quite well only a couple of incidents so i thought right have to do shopping and drag the poor kids with me so they can have mcdonalds lol yea i thought cool ill get a healthy thing lol i did do that a new chicken wrap they have snack thing mmm talk abotu filling and its small but i didnt just get one i got 2 oops (not huge calories as such so not bad) but i got fries as well oops on the packet it shows how many calories im eating ouch over 300 in the fries alone but did i stop eating ......NO i kept going ate the lot then i remembered it was pizza night tonight (once a fortnight) oops ok what can i do i realy look forward to the pizza and this is the first time since starting this site so i thought right ill have to go swimming and if i cant get into my pool ill have to go spend more money at the other to get in (i have a concession card at my main pool) so hubby came home i jumped in the car and set off long story short i got into the pools just (they had a couple of practices going on ) and for the hassle i got in free tonight cool i was so happy. so did half hour of lengths 15 minutes each of back stroke and breast stroke boy i almost couldnt walk after wards lol i got to the change rooms and stoped moving and almost lost my legs

lets say i am so enjoying this pizza right now.
    im about to start up a eating diary folder thing that incorpriates this site and information but is quick to pick up look up stuff that is relevent to me and have some food options with calorie stats in it so i can plan my days/ weeks food.

im only half way through week 2 so not bad to have a stuff up day now would have thought id have more but im sure there will me more to come lol

chin up
    sorry this is abit of a novel