NSV with pictures! :D

Options
SheilaSisco
SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
I've been hiding from cameras for so long I don't even remember anymore. It was rare for me to let anyone but me take them, because I controlled the angle, the lighting, and if I didn't like it, I deleted it. Immediately. Since I've been losing weight, I've been working on that a lot, but it was still rare for me to actually LIKE any of the pictures that came out of it. I liked some of my wedding pictures, but I still saw flaws and there were only a few a actually liked very much. Last weekend, we decided to get family pictures done. I have a co-worker that does photography as well (a woman of many talents, it seems) and since her prices were really reasonable I booked a session with her. Last night she emailed me a few of the pictures she took and for the first time in a long time I actually LOVE the way I look in pictures. It's an amazing feeling to finally feel in control and not be so afraid that I'm going to look fat or stupid. I'm going to post the pics of me she sent to share. And because I love them. And because I can. LOL I only hope this might be inspiration to someone else who struggles with their views of themselves that it IS possible to love yourself and the way you look!

bytherosesresized.jpg

awwresized.jpg

leatherresized.jpg

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    Options
    nothing??? :(
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You look great! Love the colors in the first two too.
  • celtickarasu
    Options
    I've got camera issues too. I usually don't let anyone take my picture, but I just got my MFA and graduated, so everyone was taking pictures. I saw my belly pooching out in one and almost cried. I wish that I could enjoy pictures. I don't have any pictures of me and my husband. Maybe I should hire someone professional like you did. Your pictures look great!
  • mikesa3
    mikesa3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great and so happy. I know what you mean about not liking pictures of yourself. I've always been the same way. Great job ! :)
    Nancy
  • SheilaSisco
    Options
    bump
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!
    :flowerforyou:

And I know what you mean about not liking pictures. When I was 16 I saw a picture of myself and realised how horrible I looked...it was inspiration for me to go on a diet and lose 20+ lbs. After I gained weight the past few years, I've found myself avoiding pictures again. :frown:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!