Trying to get pregnant...Weight loss affecting anyone?

Options
So we are trying to get pregnant...I am not overweight, but I just want to get toned. Has anyone noticed a problem when introducing exercise and a low calorie diet to getting pregnant? I'm not over doing it when it comes to exercise, but I will admit that maybe I don't get enough calories per day for someone who is trying to get pregnant. Yet, I don't want to increase my calories because I don't want to gain weight. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Joysuzhou
    Joysuzhou Posts: 29
    Options
    I am kind of in the same situation. Am planning to get pregnant in a few month but am very afraid of gaining weight. Would like hear some advice...
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice to offer, but I have heard that women on a low calories diet are more likely to have girls. There's your fun fact for the day! lol
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant the last time I had a major health kick. I was attending body pump weight lifting classes 2-3 days per week and I even helped build a fence in the week leading up to the positive pregnancy test. I thought my exhaustion was from working out so much but it was from pregnancy hormones!

You only need to worry if you're body fat percentage is so low or high that it affects hormone production (i.e. stops ovulation and/or implantation.) Other than that, try away! The average healthy couple can take up to a full year to get pregnant naturally; most OB/GYNs won't consider you to have a problem conceiving unless you have been having unprotected sex with no pregnancy for a full year.

If you cannot wait or you just need a little boost, pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learn to chart signs of ovulation so you can have sex at the optimum times to conceive. http://www.tcoyf.com
  • cazriley41
    cazriley41 Posts: 16
    Options
    i was very active when i had my first child, i put on 2 stone, but lost it after, it takes 9 months to go up and 9 months down, i would not be concerned about gaining weight whilst your pregnant, plus you only need an extra 200 calories when pregnant, as long as you watch what you eat and eat the right foods you will be fine, i had a little girl 19 weeks ago and gained 1stone with her, since i have been watching what i eat and exercise i have lost all the baby weight, so i would worry about it when you have the baby not before, all peoples bodys are different so it depends on your body, its not something you can control.
  • mhanley1961
    mhanley1961 Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't have any advice to offer, but I have heard that women on a low calories diet are more likely to have girls. There's your fun fact for the day! lol

:) Sorry, the sex determination is located in the guys part of the equation :)