First NSV!!

Options
So I started my journey in February of this year to get back to a healthy weight after struggling with it for the past 5 yrs. I am 5'10" and I started at 258lbs (which is my highest weight that I'm aware of). Up until my senior year in high school I was usually around the 175-180lb mark which isn't far from my healthiest weight. So since February I have managed to lose 22lbs just by watching what I eat and working out 5-6 days a week. I am now down to 236lbs but I still have a long way to go! Today while I was cleaning out my closet I cam across some old pairs of jeans that i wore probably about 3 years ago that were a size 16 ( at my heaviest weight I was wearing a size 20!). I tried them on and amazingly THEY FIT!!!!!! :) I am sooo excited! I can't wait to keep going and see my body change more and more as time goes on! Just thought I'd share this with you all who may need a little motivation! This definitely makes me want to keep pushing! If I can do this so can YOU!

Replies

• steff108
    steff108 Posts: 10
    Options
    congrats! I can't wait to be able to shop in my own closet lol!! Add me if you'd like :)
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have certain pair of jeans as well that i am looking to be to skinny to wear! That is the only reason they are around. I would like to wear them without muffin top!

Keep Going you are doing great!
  • ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So I started my journey in February of this year to get back to a healthy weight after struggling with it for the past 5 yrs. I am 5'10" and I started at 258lbs (which is my highest weight that I'm aware of). Up until my senior year in high school I was usually around the 175-180lb mark which isn't far from my healthiest weight. So since February I have managed to lose 22lbs just by watching what I eat and working out 5-6 days a week. I am now down to 236lbs but I still have a long way to go! Today while I was cleaning out my closet I cam across some old pairs of jeans that i wore probably about 3 years ago that were a size 16 ( at my heaviest weight I was wearing a size 20!). I tried them on and amazingly THEY FIT!!!!!! :) I am sooo excited! I can't wait to keep going and see my body change more and more as time goes on! Just thought I'd share this with you all who may need a little motivation! This definitely makes me want to keep pushing! If I can do this so can YOU!

Your starting weight is almost exactly what mine is! I'm 5'11" and my starting weight was 255. At my thinest I was wearing a size 10 and that was only 2 years ago. Now at a 20 I hate everything I wear. I hate to shop and I feel like others are judeging me because of my size. Thanks for the boost in my confidence! I now know this will work!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS...

and on a side note, im jealous of you being so damn tall!! i'm 5'1 1/2" *sob* :)
  • kristy8403
    kristy8403 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats - it's definately a good feeling.

I just arranged my closet by size the other day - as I lose weight I'll try on the next "section" of clothes. I'm thinking like every 10-15 lbs lost I'll give it a whirl. I'll either be excited that I have more clothes to wear or determined to get back into them. I'm sure I have at least 20 pairs of pants that DON'T fit me right now. I told myself that it's pointless to buy new clothes when I have all this good stuff in there just collecting dust! :(
  • rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great work girl!!
  • AmandaDeShawn
    AmandaDeShawn Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Love this! I am in the same boat
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    good work!
  • beth230blue
    beth230blue Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats...I'm also 5'10" and 175-180 is about my ideal range. Great NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!