Hello From Scotland !

Options
RedWeb
RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
Hi,

At work a few weeks ago and looking in the mirror I though "What a fat sod". Felt fat and now looked it. Time for action. We already had a treadmill but I wasn't counting calories. Then downloaded myfitnesspal and the difference it has made is unbelievable. Started at 18 stone 6 pounds. Two months later I am 16 stone 10 and losing a couple of pounds a week.

What it shows me is there is no real secret to dieting other than watching what you eat and getting regular exercise.

Paul.

Replies

• Mollyisone
    Mollyisone Posts: 8
    Options
    Well done Paul. I joined today, I hope it does the same for me too. I'm ready for action.

fellow Scot.

Mollyisone
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both, good luck on your journey ;)
  • RedWeb
    Options
    Hi Molly...you can do it. Maybe I am a sadist but I like the challenge of being under my calories for the day and haven't failed to be under since I started. Plenty of low fat, healthy options out there. Lots of stuff you think you couldn't do without you can !

Good luck.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Hi Paul! Hope you continue to do well and stay motivated during your weight loss/fitness journey. :flowerforyou:
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello from Scotland back! :D Welcome to MFP! I'm in Dundee lol, good to see a fellow Scot!
  • Mollyisone
    Mollyisone Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks Paul, great motivational words.
  • Nanou1975
    Nanou1975 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul, You sound like you're doing great!

Congrats on all that weight lost already.
  • RedWeb
    Options
    Thanks Paul, great motivational words.

No problem. Once people put their mind to it they can do anything. Losing a few pounds is child's play. Just need to keep on top of what you are eating, don't go hungry, but don't waste a good day with anything silly. You can do it, I can do it, we all can do it !