Grapefruit Diet?

Options
I have done a couple of things that have not been succesfull like Herbalife, Calories down to 1200. This time, i want to try the Grapefruit Diet. Any suggestions?>

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple of things that have not been succesfull like Herbalife, Calories down to 1200. This time, i want to try the Grapefruit Diet. Any suggestions?>

My suggestion is to stop reaching for fad diets and gimmicks and start learning about nutrition basics. This is intended as genuine advice and not an insult, just FYI.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

My suggestion is to stop reaching for fad diets and gimmicks and start learning about nutrition basics. This is intended as genuine advice and not an insult, just FYI.

This.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Exactly!!!! I tried many quick fixes...and NEVER kept the weight off....I just ate right, worked out and started living a healthy lifestyle..(Still have my treat days) and Boom 80lbs gone and has stayed off for almost 2 years!:)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this fad diet will work!

tumblr_kz0zm13TVG1qzc8rmo1_250.gif
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ Seconded!

Start logging everything you eat. Get your fat, carbohydrates, and proteins in balance. Plan your food. Exercise to burn off calories. Drink plenty of water. Eat fewer calories than you burn (but not TOO MUCH fewer).

Then just keep that up until you lose weight, increase your calories to maintenance levels, and simply keep that up FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Simple.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options

+1000000

All these fad diets are worthless and unsustainable.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Here's what works. A moderate calorie deficit mostly consisting of nutritious foods like lean meats and vegetables. Exercise, but fuel your body.

Educate yourself about nutrition and you'll never fall for a fad diet again. Here is a link to the Unofficial MFP FAQ built by experienced and successful MFP members. Start with the Table of Contents to easily find the nutrition related topics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/474-unofficial-mfp-faq
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

^^^^This exactly. check out this group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Try hard work. Stop being lazy about losing weight.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It doesn't even take hard work, just eating sensibly.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It doesn't even take hard work, just eating sensibly.

What she said!!