Is this normal?

Options
Since I've lost weight, I noticed that the hair on my legs and upper lips are growing out really fast. Honestly, I haven't shaved my legs 5+yrs and never waxed my upper lips before. Now I have to wax my upper lips and shave my legs like 2times/month.

Replies

• rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    You could be going through a physiological change not related to dieting and I would recommend seeing your GYN or GP to have your hormones checked.

My wife has been struggling to get her hormones in balance for the past couple of years along with genetically high cholesterol now that they've found the right combination of treatments she's doing a lot better and losing weight at a steady pace.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    um, i'm jealous. I have to shave every other day!!
  • mojomcgee
    Options
    If you're exercising a lot I've heard that you can develope more male hormones and thus more hair growth, less monthly cycle etc. I agree that it sounds more like a hormone related issue than a diet issue but I don't know if dieting alone can cause such a change. I'd advise on the dr check up too.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have my monthly cycle monthly although it was 2 weeks ealier this month. I'm not too worried about it because it only happened once, if it persist, I'll get a checkup though. ITs true, I do exercise alot too.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yes if your exercising it helps the vitiamins go through your system faster now i have to shave every day my hair on my head is growing faster then what it did all year
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks. So it is normal then. I wander y?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wish it was twice a month. I have to get rid of my chicstache every week, and I shave, granted, I come from a long line of furry women but sheesh! :wink: :laugh:

I would say the change in diet and exercise will make some other changes in your body too and this may ease up once you are maintaining and your body adjusts. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and it never hurts to ask your doctor just to make sure but I wouldn't be too worried.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Ya I would consider yourself very lucky, also ty smooth away instead of wax, it really does work and doesn't hurt AT ALL.