cleaning up my eating

Options
Hey MFP

My diet is not the best...(that's putting it nicely) im really interested in cleaning it up getting all the yuck out. I love my steak but that's really the only meat I eat. So going vegatartian I don't think will be to hard of switch for me. But I would like to do it the right way by going organic and raw as well.At 128 I weigh the most I have my whole life (not counting when I was pregnant) and I blame my unhealthy eating habits. Any pointers for cleaning up my ways? And advice how do so?

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat only vegetarian, organic and raw to eat clean.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    128 is pretty damn skinny unless you're like 4 ft 11.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Well that's just not true. I'm 5'4" and that's my goal weight. It's well within the "normal" range.
  • jodiex92
    jodiex92 Posts: 56
    Options
    128 is like 9stone, i'm 5'8 and that is even in the healthy range for my height.

You don't have to go vegeterian to eat clean, infact its prob best to not. I was a vegeterian for 10 years until this year and my diet is better since. Think wholefoods like chicken, eggs, turkey, nuts, seeds, greek yoghurt (with no added sugar), veg, fruit etc. Basically stuff that are not processed and have alot of ingreediants :)
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Well that's just not true. I'm 5'4" and that's my goal weight. It's well within the "normal" range.
    This...I'm 5'4" about 124 and it's perfectly normal. You don't go out of range at our height until you creep up closer to 110...lol.

And yes, I do look pretty skinny at 124 and she will at 128 but it is a skinny healthy :) It's a sexy healthy skinny.

To "clean up" my diet I stopped all soda/diet and regular, don't eat out and only make foods at home for dinners. I'm not vegetarian but I eat plenty of lean proteins, organic veggies/fruits and I think my diet is pretty clean. I drink tons of water too.

You go girl :)
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Yeah, 130-135 is my goal and I'm 5'5.5"... the reason I said that is because the OP says it's the highest she's ever weighed and she blames her diet for all the weight, like it was double that or something... just seems like disordered thinking unless she's really short.
  • Remorris0125
    Options
    here is the kicker i am a HORRIBLE cook. so eating a bunch quick easy meals have been my go to....i know practice makes perfect with everything...but i get so discouraged when the food is well....burnt or undercooked. do you know of any good places to look that will give easy-ish recipes?
  • GoinOrganic
    GoinOrganic Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like thedietsolution site for educating one about 'clean eating', and she has recipes. READ labels, eat organic, free range, grass fed, wild caught.... I prefer buffalo to beef... but if you eat beef ONLY EAT grass fed, free range... organic is ok, but not necessary if the other two criteria are met. For me dairy and wheat are my 'problem' foods, so I avoid them. Learning to listen to one's body is real important.... finding what works for you is what it's about.

Other point... eating a higher pH diet is very healthy. 2/3rds of each meal should be alkaline... if you can do this you'll have tons of energy and never be sick a day in your life!!... Well don't quote me, but really, it makes a HUGE difference to be more alkaline than acidic.
  • Remorris0125
    Options

Yeah, 130-135 is my goal and I'm 5'5.5"... the reason I said that is because the OP says it's the highest she's ever weighed and she blames her diet for all the weight, like it was double that or something... just seems like disordered thinking unless she's really short.

this may or maynot be disordered thinking (i just want to be healthier) I'm bearly 5'3. all i know is that i would like to weigh about 120ish. where i have been most of my life. that is comforatble for me. i see my weight slowly creeping up the scale and i know my eating habits are to blame. as my mother likes to call me "the junk food junkie" i would like to clean up my eating not only to slow the scale from moving up also to live healthier in general. so any more ideas or suggestions i will LOVE it. thanks MFPs