Forcing myself to eat.

Options
Usually, I try my best to eat 'well', so I struggle with reaching 1200 (there's only so much lettuce and greek yoghurt a girl can eat).

Yesterday, I went to a friend's house for dinner, not expecting dinner, so eating a full meal before, but was then given dinner and a large pudding at her house.

She's not the kind of person who takes 'no' well, so I ate it all, and today I feel awful.

I can only comfortabley manage about 900 calories today, but I HATE to undereat.

Should I force myself to eat more, or not worry??

Replies

• Tanishhaaaaaa
    Tanishhaaaaaa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • Tanishhaaaaaa
    Options
    BUMP
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Why are you only eating lettuce and greek yogurt? Eat real food! :) I just mean that you don't have to limit yourself to "diet" type foods to lose weight. Consider it training for when you are no longer losing weight but just living your life. Believe me, you will lose weight by eating regular foods.

As for today, if you don't feel well, then no, you shouldn't really force food.
  • amys07115
    amys07115 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, you should force yourself to eat more. You do not want your body to go into starvation mode. The best thing to do is choose higher calorie foods that still follow a healthy diet. Add in a grilled chicken breast, a protein shake, or an apple. Also, whole natural almonds are a great snack that are high in calories and healthy! This way you are getting more calories, but not the bad kind that come with simple carbs or sugars.
  • angielkelley
    Options
    I think it would be a good idea to add a few higher calorie drinks or food items into your diet. This would help you get to the 1200 mark. You may not be hungry but you could drink something to get the extra calories your body needs.
  • Tanishhaaaaaa
    Options
    I's not that I'm limiting myself to diet foods, but I enjoy eating those foods!!

I guess I'm worried that if I eat 'bad' foods, I'll sabotage my weightloss