Is it bad

Options
Is it bad to work out right before bedtime??? i was hoping that would wear me out and i would sleep for once i have a hard time falling a sleep and i was wondering if that would help? or would it keep me up ?

Replies

• sparkles321
    Options
    Everyone is different, but from what I understand it will pep you up. But no harm in trying and finding out exactly how your body will react. Might want to make it a weekend though, so you don't have to get up early the next day, just in case. :)
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Some people would not agree or recommend working out in the evening.

But I work out in the evening anywhere between the hours of 6pm to 8pm for 1 hour and I love it. I sleep like a baby. :yawn:

If I did not work out in the evening I might eat instead as I love to eat more in the evening than early morning. So that's what works for me.
  • Stunner
    Options
    Yes i dont think it is the best idea...you should try exercise in the morning or early evening, the earlier you do it, the better you should sleep!! THats wat i heard and experienced!!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Personally, exercise only peps me up for about an hour. Then I crash and burn. I'll exercise usually around 9 o'clock if I can, then around 9:45 or 10, I'm ready to hit the sack.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of just doing some ab workouts like crunches and maybe a few squats nothing too extreme im just having a hard time sleeping at nights and wanted something to maybe burn me out..
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Working out in the evening definitely has helped me start sleeping better.
    :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Give it a try. I sleep better after a workout.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I work out some evenings. I read an article that said to take a hot shower to sleep better. It said that your body temperature cools down from the hot shower when you get out in 1-2 hrs. It said if you do a hard workout that it takes 4-6hrs for you to cool down. But if you are not doing a long hard one I think it will be fine.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I prefer to workout at night. I am NOT a morning person, and I just don't have time to do it during the day. Once it gets cooler I will move my outside run to the early afternoon, but until then I run about 7:30-8:30 pm and it works for me!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    I have too much energy afterwards and can't fall asleep. Everyone is different. :wink:
  • swishon
    Options
    I have heard time and time again that the best time to work out is in the morning before you consume few to no calories. This will spark your metabolism for the remainder of the day and will speed up weight loss. I used to go to the gym at 10:30 PM and I would be awake until around 2 AM because I would still be wired and pumped from my work out. So, I recommend an early morning work out =]
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    work out when ever you can but i heard it was better in the moring but really its when ever you can do it
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I workout between 7:30 and 9:00 pm most evenings and then have a shower,:glasses: about an hour after that I am sleeping like a baby. Give it a try it may work for you. The occasional times I workout in the morning I find it very energizing.
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    I typically do my workout in the morning and out night I do 10 minutes or abs and 10 minutes of yoga to relax before going to bed. And if all I do is abs and yoga I don't have a problem falling asleep. So if you are just doing the abs I don't think it is a big deal to exercise at night. Now - The few times that I have done my workout (30 minutes or longer of strength training or aerobics) I have had trouble going to sleep.