Heart Rate Monitor.....

Options

Replies

• cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin, and it's soft, comfy, and the monitor part snaps off, so you can wash the soft belt everytime you wear it (super important). Also, it has always worked the second I put it on, never have to wait to warm up or sweat, never have to use gel, and it is very accurate. About $70 bought separately (I got mine with the Garmin 410). I highly recommend it.
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I bought my New Balance at Target and I love it!:love:
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    I have a Polar ft4...bought it from bodytronics.com on a monday and it was here by thursday. LOVE IT. very very easy to use and I don't workout without it. It was 61.88 shipping included

^^^^YEP!!! (me, too!)
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I use only Polar... mostly because I bought mine over 5 years ago, and it still works today.

its accurate, and reliable... plus after 5 years of using it, it still looks like new and works great.. other then battery changes, I have never had an issue... no real wear or anything.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    bump
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline I bought at walmart several years back, it has a chest strap and gives calories burned. I have had no problems with it. Don't remember what it cost.

same here paid around $30 and it is still working great!
  • ChelsChubzz
    ChelsChubzz Posts: 44
    Options
    The one at Wal-Mart isn't accurate at all. I wore that one along with the one that has a chest strap to compare. The one from Wal-Mart said I burned 36 calories, while the other read 536 calories. Save your $28.

oh wow!! thank you lol. ill just wait for sure!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Since this was a big buy for me I must have looked at hundreds and read review after review. I went with the Polar FT40 for woman. Everything I read said if you wanted a true reading you should get one with a chest strap. So far it seems to be working pretty well.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Agree with rjsbailey. If you are serious about tracking calories burned then it will be worth the extra money to get a good one.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm in the polar camp too. Got the FT60 of ebay for £99.99. Love it sooooo much. Worth every penny! X
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Which one is the best BUT affordable? I was looking at the New Balance ones today at Target. I kow I should probably get the one that straps around your chest so that it continuously measures your heart rate for more accurate calorie burn.

I use the Polar FT4. You can buy it from bodytronics.com brand new for under $65 (price includes free shipping). It comes with the chest strap which is the best way to get accurate calorie burn. Good luck with your search.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    polar ft4 is what I recently bought - bit expensive $90 but you can definitely get them cheaper.

it is the most helpful tool ever - i found I was over estimating and underestimating calories burned and I wonder if this is why my weight loss slowed once I hit 150 pounds. I've used it every single day since I got it except for my rest days - so I think it was definitely worth the $$, very easy to use, and extremely helpful.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I purchased the New Balance watch as well....returned it the next day......from suggestions on here...i bought a Polar FT40 it comes with a chest strap...easier to program...easier to read and easier to set....i absolutely love it. This is my 2nd day with it...but after the frustrations of trying to figure out the New Balance one....this one is gr8!
    San :)
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Polar FT4!! I think I paid like $80 for it and it comes with a chest strap.
  • dazzyshaw
    dazzyshaw Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use a harming forerunner 305 been very good also very accurate would recommend one to anybody .
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Great advice,I got one from Kmart and paid like 35 I really don't think it's accurate because I can do Turbo Jam for like almost an hour and at the most it says I burn 200 calories,usually alot lower than that though,think I'm gonna have to just put the money out this weekend and order an FT4,I also found on another post that if you use the code popo at bodytronics you get a 10% discount,which means you can get one for under 60 bucks.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Going to agree with what a lot of others here are saying and recommend the Polar ft4. It has a chest strap, but not a ton of bells and whistles so it's not crazy expensive. I'd check amazon.com or heartratemonitorsusa.com
  • chicfreak9
    chicfreak9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bought a Sportline with chest strap at ****s for $30.00.
  • cazriley41
    cazriley41 Posts: 16
    Options
    Polar are the best i think, you can get a good one for 40, mine was 60 and i would never get anything else, but thats just personal choice.
  • tinahalliday
    Options
    I have an Ironman Triathlon that came with the chest strap...easy to use and was about $90. Found it online...new....Love it!