Looking to work on goals & meet new people !

Options
Shawn8216
Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
I joined this program because I feel this might be the key to my weight loss success. If I'm honest here, then I have to be honest with myself and make myself more accountable than before. I want to look and feel good about my body, especially with summer coming up! Two of my best friends are getting married so I am nervous about all the pictures and how I'll look which is definitely adding to the pressure to lose the excess weight that crept on during the winter months and during the past few stressful months of this year. I hope to meet new people here to help encourage one another on and help when we're feeling stuck in our goals. Feel free to add me for encouragement and support ... ITS so important to rally WITH each other and not against one another. :smile:

- Shawn *

Replies

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on your desire to make some changes. All the best in reaching your goals
  • tbird3077
    tbird3077 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I have been with MFP since January and it has been wonderful and very encouraging! Health is so important- but looking good can boost confidence. I have dropped 12lbs. and I feel great! Helpful tip- weight training helps a LOT! So get in the gym and get sweating! Those pounds will melt right off!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I've been here for 3 weeks now and lost 12 pounds. Got a long way to go but it sure helps. Getting a good network of friends on here helps as well. Good luck.
  • bjmrt2011
    bjmrt2011 Posts: 1
    Options
    add me as your friend
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have been a member for a bit over a month, and I love it! I have been more aware of what I am eating and realizing that I need to do more working out. I am with you on the summer thing. My younger brother is getting married this summer, reunions with people I haven't seen in forever.... So I joined to help me, but love this site so much, it is a long term thing for me! Good luck with everything!!