DEATH of another Food NSV over Pizza!

Options
So today I got a coupon in the ol email box for pizza, 50% off any order this weekend. "well I know what's for dinner !"...think to myself. Forwarded the email to several friends who maybe could us it even.

Got home from work, PIZZA!!!..
Grab computer
GO to site..
*drool* I mean :)
"hey look nutrition facts"... I pick the 'healthiest pizza'..even a small w/a side salad was going to be damn near 1000 calories and let not talk salt!..
And I get grossed out.. sat on computer trying to justify eating it after I saw how bad it was.. the whole time flipping back to MFP, looking over my day and only seeing 394 calories left.. finally after about 15 mins.. I couldn't do it..

Got up and went and made black beans, with steamed broccoli and tailipia fish filets (<450cal) :)

WIN!!

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You arent lying. YOU WON!!!

You 1- Pizza 0

congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome willpower! Whenever I order pizza...which is rare...I order a veggie pizza (loaded) and ask them to only add 1/2 the cheese! I am sure it is still high in calories but still a better choice! congrats on choosing a healthier meal!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Great job! I am the same way! Its my darn friends reactions that make me take a second thought....
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good job. Great will power.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thanks... It helped too that I had already done my workout in the morning. I didn't want kill that effort ya know?

This is my first, FULL (mon-sun, not mon-fri) week back on 'living healthy' , and workout out 4 times this week. I'm glad I've been able to stick to it this time.. normally I can only get about 3 days in a row, then I blow it for about a week then on for 2 days, off for 5 days... MMMAaayybbeee get a workout in..

Really had a great week, and this just made it better :)
  • Blu4dayz
    Blu4dayz Posts: 12
    Options
    Great job...pizza put me in the fat zone but no more...
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, well done you!! x
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow well done! I'm in awe of your willpower.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What a great choice you made. I'm sure you feel fantastic about it...especially the day after :smile: :happy:
  • kenny_johnson
    kenny_johnson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's some crazy caloric pizza! :) Little Caesars is only 280 a slice. Probably still not "healthy", but not bad.

We've been making our own pizzas. We generally use whole wheat dough and reduced fat cheese. For meats, we'll either add turkey pepperoni or turkey sausage. If you have any of the following near you, you can find pre-made doughs: Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or Sprouts. We actually used Wheat Boboli once. it was ok.
  • boo333
    boo333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Make your own pizza then you can control the ingredients . I make the cauliflower crust pizza it is wonderful. I try not to deprive myself of anything I will find an alternative recipe. You did good good luck:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!