Lets be realistic

Options
2»

Replies

• JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Whether you say you can or you say you can't you're right. You can lose as much as you want to. It may be difficult but you can do it.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Why only 18 weeks, WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T? OMG, is it the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse????
  • Maria_Goose
    Maria_Goose Posts: 247
    Options
    The heavier you are, the faster you tend to lose the weight. However, you seem very close to your goal. If you want to shoot for 2 pounds a week, you should be able to lose 36 pounds by then (although it sounds like you're very close to your goal already; I wouldn't recommend you lose 36 pounds).
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Whether you say you can or you say you can't you're right. You can lose as much as you want to. It may be dangerous and unhealthy but you can do it.
    Fixed that for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Whether you say you can or you say you can't you're right. You can lose as much as you want to. It may be difficult but you can do it.

Worst advice ever. It's not about dedication and hard work....Thats a part of it but there is also a maximum amount which is safe to lose per week/month/etc........Pushing past that is not a smart idea and can cause issues....
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How hard you work will effect how much you can lose. You could easily lose..nothing, or you could lose 30.

When you complete each diary entry it gives you an estimate on if each day you worked and ate as you did for that particular day, you would weight X amount in 5 weeks.

As an example taking from mine yesterday, I am starting at 170lbs and if every day where like yesterday I would weight 152.8 lbs in 5 weeks.

170 (start weight)- 152.8 = 17.2

That's 17.2lbs lost in 5 weeks.

Now say I get to 152.8 (losing the 17.2lbs), and lose another 17.2lbs in 5 weeks(going by 5 weeks at a time, so now this would make it the 10th week);
    152.8 (new starting weight)-17.2lbs=135.6

135.6lbs would be my current weight after 10weeks. For the sake of argument I am keeping 17.2lbs as the average lost per 5 weeks.

As a total weight lost over 10 weeks;

170-135.6=34.4

So for 10 weeks, assuming I lose 17.2lbs every 5 weeks that's a little over 30lbs lost.

That however, is assuming EVERY SINGLE DAY is exactly the same as yesterday was-which for most of us is pretty difficult to do. My 5 week projection has ranged from between 160lbs in 5 weeks as the highest to around the 152 lbs in 5 weeks at the lowest. Making my projected pounds lost for a 5 week span anywhere from around 10-17lbs. A pretty sizable difference.

How much you can lose, in a healthy and active way, will ultimately be up to you and how much work you are willing to put in.
  • agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have spoken to a physician about this prior to my weight loss program, and he said that, unless a person is classified as obese, the safest weight loss amount is 1/2 lb./week.
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Why only 18 weeks, WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T? OMG, is it the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse????

HAHAHA LOVE IT