Advocare buddies

Options
2»

Replies

• lauragibson8
    lauragibson8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WARNING! TMI!!! I'm on day 4 and haven't gone to the bathroom in 5 days! (if you know what I mean :wink:) I'm usually a fairly regular person and figured that fiber drink would have increased things in that department! Anyone else have this problem????

The first few days I was same as you, (uneventful, so to speak) but my stomach felt icky and bloated and like I had to go. I'm on Day 9 now and am definitely not having that issue. It got better for me by day 4-5. Are you drinking lots (and lots) of water?

TONS of water! I am pee'ing so much I feel like I am 9 months pregnant again! Lol
  • adschimek
    adschimek Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, me too!!! I'm wearing a path to the bathroom at work!! Hopefully things will get "moving" for you again soon!
  • jeby8
    jeby8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WARNING! TMI!!! I'm on day 4 and haven't gone to the bathroom in 5 days! (if you know what I mean :wink:) I'm usually a fairly regular person and figured that fiber drink would have increased things in that department! Anyone else have this problem????

I actually had the opposite problem!! I was in the bathroom like 3 or 4 times a day the first couple days of the cleanse. I felt really bloated too. But it seems to have evened out now!
  • niki108
    niki108 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I never had any bathroom issues. Besides peeing every 5 minutes lol
  • adschimek
    adschimek Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Update: Day 10 and I'm down almost 5 pounds. Not too bad! I'm a little worried because my sister said her loss actually slowed down after the first 10 days, but we'll see. I'm actually getting better with the diet/exercise than I was at first, so my fingers are crosed for more good loss! Aiming for a total of 10 pounds by the end of 24 days!
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    I am on Day 6 and working hard to drink all the water and trying to stay pretty strict with the guidelines. I must say I have been doing really well, but I have been having some cravings for bread and sugar!!! My downfalls. But I am hanging in there. Glad to find some other people going through the same things!
  • hpdoxi
    hpdoxi Posts: 32
    Options
    Yes...I'll definitely be needing that support when I start. I'm not one for shakes & so kind of worried. It's the texture more than anything but my sponsor just said to "down it" & think about the end result. Also gave me some tips/tricks like mixing the fiber one with juice but if you have any other tips you've learned to make it easier let me know!!

I did the Fiber drink with 2 ounces of OJ and have just been told to drink it fast as it gets thick as it sits. Wasn't so bad after the first day. They also told me it's a little bit like drinking thinner applesauce....I was mostly glad that I knew it would be a bit weird and just didn't go in cold feet! haha.

I don't really mind shakes, but these ones are actually really smooth! Just mix it really well with some kind of shaker/blender ball bottle. I tried the Strawberry and it was way tooo sweet for me, but the Chocolate is great! I haven't had too many yet, but so far they aren't hard to drink at all.

I have been in the kitchen for days preparing food and made a shopping list and got everything I needed. Makes it easier to keep on track if things aren't soo hard to prepare or you don't have the "healthy" version. Takes a bit of work, but it has been worth it.
  • lauragibson8
    Options
    Well weekends are my weakness! I do so good, didn't cheat a single time during the week, but caved to 4 oreos this morning:grumble: . That was the first sugar I have had since Sunday! Not too bad I guess, I could have had a lot more than 4! Back on track now! I'm down 8.4lbs and I'm on day 6.
    And did I mention I have drank coffee every day of my life since I was about 10 yrs old! So that would be about 22yrs.... No coffee for 6 days now and not feeling it one bit! Spark is amazing! LOVE IT!
  • jeby8
    jeby8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you guys a quick heads up...I found a forum that was created specifically for Advocare...

http://www.advocarecommunity.net

It's got all the printables and it looks pretty new but I think it's a great opportunity for all MFP'ers and anyone wanting to talk specfically about Advocare to get involved in. I had to browse through about 10-15 different Advocare sites just to get a comprehensive look at what I was supposed to eat, tips on how to make it through the cleanse etc. I think it will be nice to have a community of Advocare supporters!
  • aaulmer
    aaulmer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would let everyone know my progress. I am on Day 6 now and have lost 5.6 pounds now! I am so excited. Also love seeing everyone else's progress as well. Sounds like everyone is having great results!
  • lauragibson8
    Options
    Darn you weekend! Went back up 1lb! But 7lbs in 7 days isnt too bad! Back to getting serious! Now if I can just get the two half gallons of icecream in my freezer to disappear before I eat it! My parents were in town all weekend and junk food magically accumulated at my house! Grrrrrr
    Did I mention I HATE the fiber drink? Only two more days!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how many calories you consume with this program? I have been researching and can't seem to find anything.
  • lauragibson8
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how many calories you consume with this program? I have been researching and can't seem to find anything.

I have never seen a specific calorie requirement. Just guidelines for healthy clean eating. Very lean protiens, low carbs, healthy fats.... I am on the cleanse phase and usually get 1200 to 1400.
  • kristydavis97
    kristydavis97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am starting my first day of my first cleanse on Thursday, I am a little nervous. I am a super picky eater. Any tips would be great. Feel free to add me, just put advocare in the message line.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

I have never seen a specific calorie requirement. Just guidelines for healthy clean eating. Very lean protiens, low carbs, healthy fats.... I am on the cleanse phase and usually get 1200 to 1400.

See that is the problem I have with diets. They are all low calorie and barely enough for a non active person, so if you are active, this won't be a good program for you. I do hope the best for everyone. Good luck.
  • aasve34
    aasve34 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm new to MFP and saw this forum. I'm an Advocare distributor and have been so happy with the products. It's helped me lose all of my baby weight :) I've had so many customers complete the 24-day challenge that I started an online FB support group. I offer resources, tips, food ideas, etc. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Advocare24DayChallengeSupportGroup

I also offer free shipping for new customers. I'm very passionate about the products. If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.

Jessica
    www.advocare.com/120215073
  • lauragibson8
    Options
    So I finished the 10day cleanse with a 9lb loss. But definitely cheated in the last couple days, :grumble: Looking forward to the next 14 days and some approved carbs! Oh, and the Spark makes such a huge difference for me..... I forgot my Spark yesterday and had the worst headache ever, and I could barely keep my eyes open!

Good luck everyone!
  • lauragibson8
    Options
    How is everyone doing?