When You Stumble on Your Journey

Options
tobafa
tobafa Posts: 344 Member
Having a goal is crucial, we all can agree but we often forget what is "normal" when chasing goals. You will have successes but we need to acknowledge that we will have failures and setbacks. We have visions of greatness and there's nothing that can stop us when we begin our journey, then you live life and reality kicks in. Knowing there is a real possibility of failing from time to time will help you logically and emotionally cope and will get you back on track alot quicker. Without that realization, there's a tendancy to self-sabotage and highlight that moment beyond what it really is. We are on the right track and that's what matters. You will succeed as long as you are in the fight despite a stumble along the way.

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love this! Fitness & fat loss is a process. You have to keep trying new things until you find what works. Having a goal and a plan will keep you on track.
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    Thank you!! I couldn't agree more!
  • sissyjeng
    sissyjeng Posts: 5
    Options
    Where is the "LIKE" button!?!? I love this, I have fallen off my weight loss journey. I still have 27 lbs to loose and just lost the motivation and want. Reading your post, actually brought tears to my eyes. I know that I can still pick up where I've left off and keep trying. Thank you!!!
  • hollyblanco
    Options
    Good reminder that this is a life long journey. There wil lbe ups and downs, the important thing is to keep at up. Get back up afer we fall down, and start each day fresh.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I could apply this to other areas of my life, OP nice statment
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Where is the "LIKE" button!?!? I love this, I have fallen off my weight loss journey. I still have 27 lbs to loose and just lost the motivation and want. Reading your post, actually brought tears to my eyes. I know that I can still pick up where I've left off and keep trying. Thank you!!!
    i agree, so often i wish there was a like button. i think ill have to put my food on here forever just to keep me on track.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I kind of needed this today.. Thank you.. I feel better already
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I also needed this today. I continue to be in this fight. Thank you.
  • tobafa
    Options

Drugs, alcohol... pizza :smile: applies to all....
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Drugs, alcohol... pizza :smile: applies to all....

I will do the pizza bit!! :wink:
  • Snubbleup
    Snubbleup Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you, your timing was perfect - this really saved my day (and my week, my month, my year...)
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Having a goal is crucial, we all can agree but we often forget what is "normal" when chasing goals. You will have successes but we need to acknowledge that we will have failures and setbacks. We have visions of greatness and there's nothing that can stop us when we begin our journey, then you live life and reality kicks in. Knowing there is a real possibility of failing from time to time will help you logically and emotionally cope and will get you back on track alot quicker. Without that realization, there's a tendancy to self-sabotage and highlight that moment beyond what it really is. We are on the right track and that's what matters. You will succeed as long as you are in the fight despite a stumble along the way.

So very well said! :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    It is a nice reminder that even when you stumble we need to pick ourselves up and keep looking forward. Thank you OP for the reminder.
  • MoniqueMajicek
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! May I share this in my motivational facebook group?
  • tobafa
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! May I share this in my motivational facebook group?

Send to anyone who needs it.
  • tobafa
    Options
    That goes for anyone else too; no copyright issues here. :smile: I post sfuff like this from time to time so if you need another positive person on this journey, feel free to add.
  • tobafa
    Options
    Bumped for the night shift.