What am I supposed to do?

Options
Okay since 4/11 I am down 9.25 inches but possibly up in weight by a pound or two. I haven't lost since 2 weeks or so ago. I know that the inches are great but I would really love to see the scale drop at some point here to a more normal range and get out of the morbidly obese range.... what do I need to do to make this happen? I am so tired of hearing my docs tell me how fat I am when I have worked so hard. It must be muscle gain at this point to lose inches and weigh the same or more, but they don't want to hear that.

I have always been one of these people who weighs more than they look and at 170 lbs 5'5" I looked damn fit, strong, and well proportionate so I think that will be my goal for now but even so... I am 240plus and know that weight needs to come off but it won't budge. Do I stop strength training for a while?

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means....but I have read a lot about people increasing their calories to lose more weight. You just may not be eating enough compared to the work you are doing? Good luck!
  • melissa_stocks
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means....but I have read a lot about people increasing their calories to lose more weight. You just may not be eating enough compared to the work you are doing? Good luck!
    This is true. Do you have a curves near u? Their healthy eating plan is amazing! Its 1200cals for 7days -> 1500 cals for 23 days ->then 2000 cal for 23days -> 1200cal for 7days...etc. This is to train ur metabolism to work at a normal rate. I lost 25lbs in 6wks before getting pregnant! I am now struggling alot with food because of breastfeeding...i am starving all the time! Lol so I cant wait to get back in this cycle!
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating 1700 calories and eating my exercise calories to my net BMR. I was eating 2100 calories (did this for 4 weeks) I still only ate if under BMR at net, but it wasn't giving me weight loss results at all. However, I did lose inches with this too. I guess I just need to suck it up and see where this goes. Inches are probably better than pounds but I don't want to be this weight forever.