Miracle Noodles

Options
Has anyone tried or heard of these Miracle Noodles???
Are they good? Terrible?

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I just had these the other day (well not this brand but the same thing as there are a number of brands) - they were just OK...nothing like your typical pasta - they were bland with a bit of chewiness to them. They are flavorless and suppose to take up the flavors of the food. I had stir fried some chicken and veggies with some coconut aminos (alternative to soy sauce) and spices and added the noodles to the pan towards the end to soak up flavor and warm up.

Like I said they were ok - I have another pack in my fridge (oh the brand I have has maybe 2 servings per pack and are packed in water - I rinsed them in cool water before adding to my pan) that I might do up some type of chicken soup and add them to the broth and let them simmer...

If nothing else it did add some bulk to my meal for basically no calories...
  • Aceco30
    Aceco30 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thats sort of what I was thinking...use them to make meals seem more substantial and curb those carb cravings...
    Thanks for the heads up on soaking up the flavor! good plan!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I love love them! I use nooodle and miracle rice
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    The ones I bought i bought at Whole Foods - No Oodle brand....they also had one made with tofu - but I got the basic one since I don't do soy products..

I just found this recipe - so I might try this with my remaining pack

http://thinrecipes.com/2011/07/23/no-calorie-no-oodles-and-peanut-sauce/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LOVE THEM. I use the yam variety for asian dishes, and the tofu variety for italian type dishes. Rinse them well, and blanch them before using.

Do a search on here for shiratki and shiratake noodles. There's lots of recipes.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I ordered them and should be receiving them today. Can't wait to try them. I'll let you know : )
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I've used a simmilar item. They are interesting. Like a veggie burger is to hamburger, they are not your typical pasta. I use them in a stir-fry and make sure I use a strong sauce. I like making a pad-thai out of them with a spicy peanut sauce. The strange part about the brand I use (found in Stop & Shop in the veggie section) is they have a fishy smell when you open the package. This goes away after you rince it once.
  • 0lightasair
    0lightasair Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Shiraitaki Yam Noodles and they taste just like glass noodles. Glass noodles have a chewy texture and no taste. I can't see the same stuff being reshaped into fettucini and tasting like pasta. It doesn't even do a good job of mimicking rice noodles. But, I love glass noodles and these are a fabulous lower cal sub.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    They're ok. Some preparations I did with them were nearly inedible (pairing them with chicken, herbs and a little oil). Some were pretty decent (tuna, coconut oil and turmeric was the best one). All in all, they were ok, and I would theoretically eat them again, though I have had no desire to since eating them.

oh, I had the tofu variety.
  • azmomo2
    azmomo2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the garlic ones. They are pretty slimy, but they soak up whatever flavor you use on them. I don't like the garlic flavor though on them so I rinse them pretty good before use. I wouldn't buy them again. But seem to be dealing without pasta pretty good regardless.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Check out this MFP blog from a fellow member. She's got lots of great tips and recipes about how to use / cook them for best results.
    GREAT INFO !!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/536767-let-s-talk-about-shirataki-noodles
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I like them with Marinara sauce the trick is to pat them as dry as you can after cooking them or they taste horrible
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ok, I threw them in my stir fry veggies tonight... They were pretty good. I would definitely get them again. I had the garlic herb ones. Just letting you know. : )
  • Aceco30
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everybody!
    I saw a recipe for pho with them that looks pretty good-but I will keep all of this in mind. I just bought the sample pack today, so it'll be a bit before I try them out!
    Thanks again for the input!

ac
  • Aceco30
    Options
    M verdict...
    Weird consistancy, flavorless (virtually) but just might curb my carb needs!!
    I'm not unhappy I bought them!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    M verdict...
    Weird consistancy, flavorless (virtually) but just might curb my carb needs!!
    I'm not unhappy I bought them!
    Try the other variety as well.
  • karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    They had the Nooodle ones on QVC the other day (yes, I like to watch them cook, lol). The lady preparing cooked the noodles in the frying pan after the draining/rinsing part and let them cook a little bit on their own before she added anything to them. Perhaps this lets them be more accepting of flavor?
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    I have used mine in a 'laksa' style soup with prawns and chinese veg, and also a cold asian inspired salad with lots of coriander and chilli. The trick is to have lots of flavour in the dish because the noodles will take up the flavour.
  • Aceco30
    Options
    Frying them sounds like a good idea!!
  • The_new_Amy
    The_new_Amy Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm eating some now! I made the Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame Noodle sauce with Splenda instead of sugar. I added 1/4 the recipe of sauce to one bag of noodles and one cup of stir fried broccoli and carrots. I threw the noodles in with the veggies for the last few minutes while I was whipping up the sauce. They taste like Noodle & Co's Japanese Pan Noodles :)