Hiya :) New to myfitnesspal!

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm Nisha, 28, female and from UK. Married, no children and a strange eater. :embarassed:

I'm new to the whole tracking your weight loss/food diary/exercise routine online. A bit scared to be honest (:

Just today I decided to change my life, i've spent my whole life being a large girl and didn't let it bother me much. However my health is deteriorating. and the game has changed. I want a future, I want children and I want to see them have grandchildren. So yes today I have decided to change.

My intentions are good and I hope I don't disappoint myself.

I am Type 1 Diabetic and insulin dependant, weight loss will be slightly slower for me, however any reduction is better than the latter eh?

I would love to get to know all of you and hear how things are going with you. I hope I meet some friends, motivational buddies, shoulders to cry on and drill sergeants for those off days!

Add me...if you want...please (: :flowerforyou:

My Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/NishT1Life

Replies

• Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and thanks for adding me!

I have been a Type 1, insulin dependent diabetic since the age of 1 1/2 - and I can tell you right now that weight loss and fitness is no less achievable to us than anyone else! Yes we have more challenges with controlling blood sugar, but I honestly don't believe it is that much harder than it would be for a "normal" person.

I've lost 25lbs in the last 6 months (it's slowed way down now since am focusing on strength training). I lost the first 20 lbs in about 4 months with mostly cardio and calorie tracking, but now am lifting heavy and loving the changes in my body!

You can do this! And this is a great community, so supportive. If you ever need any encouragement or have questions feel free to give me a shout. Congrats on starting your journey :)