lifting WORKS -- NSV after 5 weeks

Options
babybell4
babybell4 Posts: 2 Member
i mostly do cardio and track calories to lose weight, which works so far, albeit slowly. 5 weeks ago i decided to start weight training between 2-4 times a week, hoping it would help me up my metabolism and start losing more.

though i only lost 2.4 pounds in that time, i lost inches and body fat like crazy:

STATS:

body fat: down 3%! in a 5 weeks!

waist: lost 2 inches
abdomen: lost 3 inches
hips: lost 3 inches
calves: lost 1 inch off each calf
bust: lost 3 inches
bicep: lost 3 inches off each bicep
upper thigh: gained 1/4 inch

i hope this motivates some of you ladies to up your weight training!

Replies

• Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i mostly do cardio and track calories to lose weight, which works so far, albeit slowly. 5 weeks ago i decided to start weight training between 2-4 times a week, hoping it would help me up my metabolism and start losing more.

though i only lost 2.4 pounds in that time, i lost inches and body fat like crazy:

STATS:

body fat: down 3%! in a 5 weeks!

waist: lost 2 inches
    abdomen: lost 3 inches
    hips: lost 3 inches
    calves: lost 1 inch off each calf
    bust: lost 3 inches
    bicep: lost 3 inches off each bicep
    upper thigh: gained 1/4 inch

i hope this motivates some of you ladies to up your weight training!

That's great! Do you mind sharing what you are doing? (i.e. how heavy? using machines or free weights? how long?)

Thanks!
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am on my 4th week of weight training and hoping I see some loss somewhere. I am sweating like crazy when I lift and have been so sore. I must be gaining some strength. Hope it shows like yours did.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am on week three of lifting and I am loving it :D. It is great to hear that you had so much success and this is great motivation for me to keep on strength training. Thanks for sharing!
  • babybell4
    babybell4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i'm doing free weights with big muscle groups, so squats, lunges, rows, dead lifts, etc., focusing on glutes, quads, & back. i've been doing a lot of planks and pushups to work core and triceps, so using my own resistance for that. occasionally using machines for rows and extra quad work. i don't lift heavy simply because i've never seriously lifted weights, so mostly between 3-8 pounds depending on the activity -- hoping to work up to much more of course.

edit: i usually lift for about 30-60 mins at a time
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!