Top Favorites...

Options
Does anyone have some exercises that they always do when they work out? regardless if you didnt like it before, but like something that you feel helps burn alot of calories but not completely intimidating?? I always do the little bicycle machine and the elliptical , I want more of a challenge but something that i may like.
I try doing classes through my gym but I want to weight till I am a little lighter because my knees take a big butt kicking when I do too too much.

Any Ideas, I would love love love to hear them!!!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    abs abs are the power house muscle its the one that gives the most energy and helps you lose weight but you should only do tham 3 time a week
  • KFBear21
    Options
    Try the Stairmaster at the gym...The one where you are actually walking the stairs....It is very difficult at first but worth the workout!!!! You burn alot of calories!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    When I have the time I enjoy doing yoga. I taped a show that's on the Oxygen channel early in the morning like 5 I think.. It's called Inhale... You deffintly feel the burn, but I like doing it at night b/c it completely relaxes me an gets me ready for sleep. Palates is great too!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    I love body jam (its a dance class) its so fun, u burn so many cals in an hour in there and u dont even realize it cuz ur enjoying it!Its the only way i can do an hour of cardio. I also love the elliptical...the one with out the moving arms cuz i can book on that thing and burn a lot of cals in a short amount of time. Also i do alot of squats and jump squats. My new fav that i did last night is dead lifts! I love rows. And bench pressing on an incline (cuz it makes me feel like im doing real weight lifting even if its just the bar right now lol. For abs i do pilates and LOVE it, i also love yoga!
  • kathrynp45
    kathrynp45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought an incline trainer which I love. I can burn over 200 calories within 30 minutes and it is easy on my knees. It's a bit pricy but I saw them on sale at Coscos.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I take boxing classes. There's good cardio and strength training that doesn't make me bulky or anything. I also use the treadmill for a half hour before hand.