Weight loss after pregnancy?

Options
Are there any women who are trying to lose 50lbs or more after pregnancy? It would be nice to know people who are in the same situation.

Replies

• abrichardson
    Options
    Yes! I have a 13 month old and need to lose 100 pounds. It's hard to start knowing I have that much to lose. But I have my 13 month old and an 11 year old that I would like to play with and not feel I'm going to pass out. :) Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gemini0689
    Options
    yes my daughgter just turned one and i still havent dropped the 50lbs i gained!!!
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose more than 100 before igot pregnant! Now that I'm pregnant, I'm hoping to drop about 120!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that when my second daughter turned 18 months old (over a year ago), I decided it was time to lose the baby weight (before it became "weight"). I started doing 30 Day Shred and Couch to 5K. I have since lost the weight (40-ish lbs) and have kept it off for over 6 months.
    It was hard, but do able. I got a jogging stroller free from a friend, which made it easy to go for runs with my little one. And the 30 day Shred is short, so easy-ish to do when my little one was napping or in a good mood and set to play on the floor near where I was working out.
    You can do it, and it can be done!
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, Maddymama!
  • hrr002
    hrr002 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 9 month old daughter and I have about 25 more pounds to lose!! It has been extremely difficult to take off this belly but I have been working hard and am down 20 pounds since I started using MFP
  • KatyKakes6310
    Options
    ME!!!! i had my son 6/3/10 and i FINALLY lost the rest of the baby weight. i had put on 60 lbs and i was already overweight to begin with. but man did it feel awesome getting back into my fave jeans... keep up the good work ladies! it is definitely attainable!!! add me if you'd like.. looking for mfp friends!!
  • rajaa83
    rajaa83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My baby s three months and a half today. Need to lose 30lb but I am not rushing, I am giving myself the 9months it took me to gain that weight to try to lose it back. Starting today. Good luck everybody !!!! :)
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I gained 50lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter. It took me almost a year and a half to lose it all. I'm not sure if this is true or where I read it, but I read that it takes your body 3 years to recoup and normalize (is normalize even a word??) after having a baby. So don't fret or give up!
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds and my son is now 2yo. I cal counted, walked and after a few months I started a few of the Jillian michaels DVDs

I'm now maintaining :)
  • kwheelock
    kwheelock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gained about 50-60 pounds during my pregnancy (I gave in to every craving I had). I was trying to lose weight before I found out I was pregnant, so I have more to lose than just the baby weight, but the baby weight is where I'm starting then I'll revise my goals. My son is almost 4 months old and I've lost about 30 pounds so far (he was about 9 of that...big boy!). I joined MFP towards the end of March and have only lost 10 pounds. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred and eating so much better, but it's tough! I completed day 20 of the DVD, so that exercise routine will be over soon and I've been doing it every single day. I'm still trying to decide how often I'll workout when this is over. I have some other videos to try out and hopefully the change in routine will 'trick' my body into losing some more inches...still sporting those maternity pants because I refuse to buy bigger clothes!

Today I was really down on myself with this whole losing weight thing. I just want it to happen faster even though I know slow and steady wins the race...or at least helps keep the weight off longer. I'm just now starting to find it difficult to stay motivated, but with some encouragement I'm sure we can all do this!
  • KLD81230
    KLD81230 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a 2, 4, and 6 year old. I am looking to lose 30-40 pounds!
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I lost 77 pounds after having my daughter and am trying to tone up my tummy now. You can do it!! Add me if you like. :)