Wii workout?

Options
This has maybe been addressed in the past, but are there any good workouts for the Wii? I saw a skunk waddle across the road tonight as I was walking/jogging and I think it might be time for an indoor workout!!

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The yoga is good stuff, but not necessarily for a weight loss type of exercise. There's a "step" activity where you can watch TV and step onto the board in rhythm, but honestly the highest speed is only a very slow walk for me. I'd love to hear ideas too
  • CBCollier
    Options
    The wii fit, is great! It's got jogging, running, hula hoop, steps, rhythm boxing for cardio. There are also balance games for posture and yoga and strength exercises. I think it's a lot of fun.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Im in love with my wii i do it for 30-60 minutes a day!!! I do the stepping for 30 minutes which i normally do about 3,000 steps on it.. and then i do the strength training which i have lost inches off my waist from doing the crunch exercise . I also like the boxing one I have wii sports where i play base ball but the boxing on that one really gets me sweating cause your move all over the place... They have running on there .. i could go on and on.. I love using it when i can't get outside for workouts..
  • heathyr
    Options
    the "wii fit" is great. my favorite is the hula hoop. but for a better workout, the "my fitness coach" is awesome. it has mostly cardio, so good at getting the heart rate up. it is almost like working out to a dvd, but it changes up your routine, so it isn't the same exact workout everysingle time. the "wii active" is great to, it has weights, cardio and sports. there is another game "gold's gym", it is alright it has mostly boxing. hope this helps.
  • cordova_chick6
    Options
    I have a Wii fit and I have an elliptical machine so when I do the running exercise I use the elliptical to do it. (the hardest part is getting your Mii to run at the same speed) I did 10 minutes on it and it felt like I did 20 or more. don't know why, maybe I was going faster than usual? it makes using the elliptical a little more fun that way. (treadmill would also be good, anything that gets your heart rate up I guess)