HIIT

Options
Hey.. i was wondering.. while doing hiit on the treadmil.. so you do a sprint/ walk intervals or as i have seen some people do a sprint/ rest on siderails type thing

I have heard arguments for both keeping muscles working the whole time.. etc vs.. letting the heart rate drop proper..

I would love to know thoughts of school on it..

thanks

Replies

• joycetas
    joycetas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fitness trainer puts me on the treadmill and I do a 3 minute warm up, run for 1 minute and I mean run to where you can't hold a conversation, for me this is about a 6.9 on the treadmill, then walk at very comfortable pace for 2 minutes very comfortable to get your heart rate down, about a 3 for me, repeat this for 14 minutes... Run for 1 minute, walk for 2 minutes and after that cool down for3 minutes... Thats a 20 minute intense training
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissLaurenR88
    Options
    Bump
  • fergie137
    fergie137 Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    thanks.. i see the ladies at my gym doing it both ways...

the one women who is in amazing shape rests completely... she is unreal...
    i have done it the same as you before.. just wondering if the other way would kick it up a notch

also when entering it into MFP.. what do you put down?????
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    lol we keep bumping it but no one wants to answer it.. lmao.. please someone help
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    thanks.. i see the ladies at my gym doing it both ways...

the one women who is in amazing shape rests completely... she is unreal...
    i have done it the same as you before.. just wondering if the other way would kick it up a notch

also when entering it into MFP.. what do you put down?????

thats a great question...i wonder if you could get an average speed to calculate cals burned, but idk.
    i made up a little hiit program on the elliptical the other day, but that tracks cals for ya. interested to see what people say. :)