Is there any cardio one can do with a broken toe?

Options
tobitude
tobitude Posts: 89 Member
I just got a treadmill and 2 days later broke my toe this is not fun even though it is kinda funny.

I usually swim or walk and even bike and I am now stuck in a boot for the next 4 to 6 weeks and at the point I am at I need the cardio to help me get back on track, the exercise helps remind me how hard I have to work to get rid of it.

I know there is probably not anything I can do but never the less I wanted to ask.

Replies

• tobitude
    Options
    Wow not even a no.
  • Brmcdaniel622
    Brmcdaniel622 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A good form of cardio for someone with lower body injuries is shadowboxing. Doing a variety of punching combinations gets your heart rate up quite nicely. Or at least thats what Jillian says :)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I remember a gal a while back saying that she burned a lot of calories from nutting, gathering nuts in the woods.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You can get cardio exercise in lots of ways. Examples:

1) Waving hands frantically in the air for no purpose.
    2) Do a break dance where you are spinning around on your hands never letting your feet touch the floor.
    3) Do somersaults.
    4) Roll down hills, then back up them.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had a broken toe before going to Marine Corps bootcamp....and I managed to get through that just fine. So I think doing any type of cardio would be okay...
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Do the bike for a week or two, and then you can move to the Eliptical. I broke my toe 3-4 weeks ago and this is what I did. Occasionally I'll get some pain while walking too fast, but it's getting better.

I still can't do calf raises.
  • tobitude
    Options
    Thanks guys great ideas, I really appreciate it.

Do you think swimming will cause me problems?
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    If you can get the boot wet, maybe you could find some water aerobics or water Zumba. Then you could avoid putting weight on it.