Im trying

Options
Hi my name is Ivan I really want to lose 35 pound but I dont find fun the act of running, jogging or walking. Were I live I have a gym and I pass by and never have the inspiration or going in the treadmill and walk a little. i have a few excercise videos p90, p90x, yoga and pilates and they all covered in dust. I dont know if Im to ashame of doing excersice but Im having a new baby soon and I need to be healthy and in shape for this new thrill in my life. The thruth is that I was a dancer for 14 years i had a great body till I got married and I have the weight of my wife love in my belly (she cooks real good). And after 10 + years I have gained 50+ pounds. Im realistic and I know Im not going to lose all those pounds if I dont work hard, but at least want to lose some of those pound so i can enjoy my baby in the next few months. So if anybody has inspirational stories, like real ones that this site help to count accurately the calories and everything just shoot me back with what you have.

Thanks!

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    This site is so much easier than trying to track what you are eating on your own. As far as walking, running, etc., don't sweat it if you don't like it, find something else you do like. You mention you were a dancer. Did you enjoy dancing? Because that works off a boat load of calories. Or bike riding, I love biking and when the baby comes you can put him/her in a baby seat or a kiddie carrier or whatever and away you go!

In any case, welcome!!!
  • kmcmen
    kmcmen Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been on this plan for 2 weeks now and have just lost 9 #!!!!!! I am so happy. My Doc that I am seeing says you DO NOT have to eat back the exercise calores. Just forget about what other people are saying on the site. Also he says if you keep track of your calories and eat after 9 pm like it says not too ,he said that doesn't make any difference a calorie is a calorie no matter when you eat it. He is a fitness expert and knows what he is talking about as well as OB_GYN doc. Oh and also dancing would be great . I have a line dancing DVD and for 45 min you use about 350 calories
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have been on this plan for 2 weeks now and have just lost 9 #!!!!!! I am so happy. My Doc that I am seeing says you DO NOT have to eat back the exercise calores. Just forget about what other people are saying on the site. Also he says if you keep track of your calories and eat after 9 pm like it says not too ,he said that doesn't make any difference a calorie is a calorie no matter when you eat it. He is a fitness expert and knows what he is talking about as well as OB_GYN doc. Oh and also dancing would be great . I have a line dancing DVD and for 45 min you use about 350 calories

Congrats on your loss and - You are so right!!!

The people on here say many things, talking about "Starvation Mode" for me whenever I say I eat 1000 cals. Except, it's doc approved and it's appropriate for my stature/height (5'1" when I stand up "tall"). You have to take the positive and just ignore the negativity =)
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I never was big into running either but I find that if I am listening to a music with a good steady beat my jogging rhythm matches the song without even trying