What's Up? I'm new... with a question for you.

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
Hi! I just joined and I am pumped! This website is great!

When it comes to eating healthy and working out/staying active my problem is that I always seem to lose motivation down the road - How do you all stay motivated (besides this website)? What are some of your tricks to getting pumped and staying pumped up to stay healthy!?!?!

Glad to be here!
-Kris

Replies

• KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined and I am pumped! This website is great!

When it comes to eating healthy and working out/staying active my problem is that I always seem to lose motivation down the road - How do you all stay motivated (besides this website)? What are some of your tricks to getting pumped and staying pumped up to stay healthy!?!?!

Glad to be here!
    -Kris
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    this website does the trick for me. The motivator for me is logging everything i eat and all the exercise i do. I go on my walks even when i don't feel like it because i try to balance calories ingested with calories burned. It keeps me honest everyday.
  • kitty1256
    kitty1256 Posts: 45
    Options
    I think my biggest motivation to go to the gym is that I see results from going! It was really hard to go the first few times, but I have love 14 pounds since I started eating healthy and working out in January, and I know that every time I go to the gym, I am going to be that much closer to my goal weight.

Today, as I was leaving the gym, I was thinking about how this site has made me change the way I think about food and exercise - I'm not on a diet....I'm starting to learn how to live healthy, and I happen to be losing weight because of it. I have to think about it every minute of the day, and sometimes its hard, but, again, every good decision I make gets me closer to my goal!

Another motivation to go to the gym is that when you work out, you get to eat your exercise calories, so if I work out on the elliptical for 30 minutes, I get another 300 calories to add to my day!

Good luck - I think you will find that this site is amazing, especially if you aren't looking for a get-slim-fast solution.
  • SandraDee651
    Options
    I told everyone (family, friends, neighbors, etc.) that I am trying to lose 40lbs after coming off of Prednisone (steroids). Unbeknownst to me, at least half were trying to lose weight also. So now I have a great circle of motivators and cheerleaders sharing recipes, etc. I also have 5 people at the office doing the local Central Valley Greatest Loser competition and Weight Watchers. So where ever I go, I'm being cheered on!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    results motivate me... and this website gives great results.... :happy: welcome
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I get motivated when I'm at the gym and the scale is goin down... 11lbs so far and I started countin my calories April 1st.
    Also just takin the time to get on and add up my exercise and calories for the day. It gets me all pumped up for the next day... I've becomed obsessed with counting my calories. It's my new hobby almost but at the same time a life style change... Like Kitty said, this isn't a diet.

Good luck! You're going to love it!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I get motivated when I'm at the gym and the scale is goin down... 11lbs so far and I started countin my calories April 1st.
    Also just takin the time to get on and add up my exercise and calories for the day. It gets me all pumped up for the next day... I've becomed obsessed with counting my calories. It's my new hobby almost but at the same time a life style change... Like Kitty said, this isn't a diet.

Good luck! You're going to love it!