frozen banana's

Options
Just made a new batch of frozen banana's , it was yummy! All I did was melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave for 2 minutes. Cut banana's in to 2 inch pieces and roll them in chocolate put on tin foil and freeze.. Maybe 20 calories per piece. Enjoy!:smile:

Replies

• chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    that sounds delicious! thanks for the recipe, I'm definitely going to try that.

I sometimes take frozen bananas and place them in the blender until they turn into ice cream consistency. SO GOOD! It's a loud process haha but then you have banana ice cream. Sometimes I add a little almond butter as well :)
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh yumm........I just bought bananas, going to make them NOW! Thanks for the idea!!!!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options

I sometimes take frozen bananas and place them in the blender until they turn into ice cream consistency. SO GOOD! It's a loud process haha but then you have banana ice cream. Sometimes I add a little almond butter as well :)

Ok...gonna try that too!!!
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has these. They are SO addictive (I really have to watch myself).
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My wife freezes bananas. I don't know what to make of it all.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My wife freezes bananas. I don't know what to make of it all.

LOLOLOZ UR SO FUNNY! OMG WHAT BOUT THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE? WHERE DOES THAT COME FROM? LOOLOOLZ

FROZEN BANANA'S ARE GREAT!
  • cgrigz
    cgrigz Posts: 101
    Options
    sounds good im about to try it out now!!!
    Thanks btw
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    Wow, youknow I haven't had frozen babanas in soooo long. I think I'm gonna make some tomorrow!!! Love em =)
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've been making frozen chocolate covered banana's recently, too! I do half-bananas covered in semi-sweet chocolate chips...just like an ice cream bar, but with nutrients! It feels like a real treat!! :OD
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I am going to try that . :smile: Blend up banana's , add almond butter !st before you freeze?
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Bump
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love frozen bananas. I just will freeze them and eat them plain. They're also great dipped in chocolate and yogurt, and of course pureed. I always get excited when I go to a ice cream place and they have frozen bananas.
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try this!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I freeze my bananas and grind them up in a blender with some unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 oz of Torani vanilla syrup, and a small amount of non fat milk. It has the consistency of ice cream
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said no but I will have a regular banana later.....:laugh:

-Mitch Hedberg

those sound good!
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I am going to try that . :smile: Blend up banana's , add almond butter !st before you freeze?

When you blend first and then freeze, the bananas are an Italian ice consistency. Not bad! But I like ice cream consistency better. I find that when you blend the pieces of bananas once they're frozen, (it's not an easy process haha I'm sure someone out there knows of an easier way to do this. A food processor, if you have one, may be more convenient) the bananas will eventually turn into a ice cream consistency and then i add the almond butter and blend again! and enjoy :)
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Oh my gooooooodness!!! Great idea! I love frozen banana's, and I love chocolate! Perfect!!!! :D
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

I am SO trying that.
  • jang711
    jang711 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump