Kindle Fire vs Nook Tablet

xPOOKiEx
xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
Any suggestions?? What do you like?! :)

Replies

• interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Kindle fire all the way! Ive tried and tested both. Cant beat the kindle for the price.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Kindle Fire, amazon has much better customer service
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    LOVE my Kindle Fire!!! But have not tried the NOOK so I cannot compare. I would not give up my Kindle for anything!
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Thanks guys, I can't wait to get mine! Just gotta get paid first hehehe.

I wanna use MFP on it and get some other fun apps as well as download books hehe
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I'm a kindle girl, I have a Fire and a kindle keyboard. The e-ink kindle keyboard is actually far superior for reading IMHO. The fire is more of a toy, and is great for books with a lot of pictures, like NROLFW.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Thanks guys, I can't wait to get mine! Just gotta get paid first hehehe.

I wanna use MFP on it and get some other fun apps as well as download books hehe

I am an avid reader and love the Kindle for that and games. Go to pixelofink.com, they post free books for the kindle daily.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Oooh! This helps me too, I was trying to decide and I was like 70% Kindle, 30% Nook. Thanks errybody! :-D
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    If you want a e-reader, for actually reading books; get the Nook Simple Touch or a first gen nook, hands down the best.

If you want a tablet, Kindle fire if price is your motivator, otherwise get an actual tablet (iPad).
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    though it was not listed, my vote is Ipad. but just because my wife is a strict follow of steve jobs.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,226 Member
    kindle
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Another Kindle Fire lover here! Although mine is rooted because I couldn't stand being stuck with the bookshelves.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Kindle Fire and their support for any questions you have is awesome!!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    i own a kindle, but work at a nook desk (at barnes and noble) shh dont tell anyone. hehe i can get you 30 percent off the nook if you gimme the commision ;] only joking
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Kindle FTW!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,134 Member
    The nook is basically a mini-tablet. I kind of wish I had just bought a tablet, but I do love my nook. I've had mine a long time, wish the touch screen was more sensitive. I like that I can access email and the web and read books or magazines. There are even some graphic novels out for the nook. But the glow can keep you up at night - even if you dim it. I think the newer nook has a feature that stops that.
  • Suz725
    Suz725 Posts: 8 Member
    Nook Tablet..it has an sd card slot so you can get a N2A card and have a full tablet as well as a reader tablet
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    I have a Kindle Fire and an iPad (no Nook ,though), and I definitely love the Kindle Fire for reading books even over the iPad (iPad too big -- but great for other stuff :-)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Kindle Fire.. Amazing customer service. I got one for my 3 year old and he has made quite a few purchases on accident and they have taken care of all of them. I've played around with it and want one for myself :)
  • aricbramlett
    aricbramlett Posts: 16 Member
    I have both, the Nook Tablet for me, and the Kindle Fire for my daughter. The memory slot in the Nook is great for me, and the internet is better laid out. The Kindle has more game options. Overall, they are the exact same in the e-reader aspect, but each have better features for other aspects.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    I love my Nook. I just wanted to read books. I have a laptop for everything else.