do you believe in 2nd chances?

Options
So this will be my 2nd time.trying out my fitness pal. I failed miserably last time dieting when the holidays were just around the corner, I was 295when I joined and managed to lose 15-20lbs in one month with the help of MFP, dieting & exercise. I lost myself around Halloween and then completely dropped out on Thanksgiving.6 months later I managed to gain back that 20 lbs. And pack on another 15 pounds leaving me at 310 pounds the heaviest I've ever been :( I'm always tired, I don't even wanna sit up I'd rather always be laying down, I love my sleep and i'm borderline depression and sick of failing at every diet I go on. I'm from Hawaii, I have a beautiful baby boy who's making 3 this month and i cant keep up with him Ive been fat pretty much all my life i don't wanna die young or have any health problems that's inhabits me from raising my son. Any help at all is much appreciated.

Replies

• ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what happened to me. I started a month before the holidays and.... yep I fell off the wagon after losing like 10 pounds.

I totally believe in second chances, since this like my 10th try, 2nd on MFP. But MFP has been one of the few things that work for me.

You can do this and so can I! Start slow and take it day by day, meal by meal. :)
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon that is why we have 2nd ,3rd and 4th ot more chances just don't give up and start all over again each and every time you only lose when you give up. good luck on this your 2nd journey:smile:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we lose track of our goals, lose sight of our motivations. Thankfully that wagon is still waiting for you when you are ready to get back on.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we lose track of our goals, lose sight of our motivations. Thankfully that wagon is still waiting for you when you are ready to get back on.

Well said
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd time on MFP, once over a year ago with a different account and then in May when I joined this account. I only used it for a few days in May. I've lost 20lbs so far, this is the best that I've ever done losing weight and I'm not giving up! So ya, I'm all about second (or third, or fourth...) chances! You deserve this :)
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you get as many chances as you need to succeed... the main thing is to never give up... keep fighting til you win...
  • spgipson
    spgipson Posts: 20
    Options
    I hope there are like 3rd, 4th and 5th chances....this site really is good and even though I am on about my 4th start, I am very dedicated this time. One day at a time....move more, eat less. My new motto and lifestyle.

WE CAN DO THIS!
    Sherry
  • vjenelle
    vjenelle Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes, as long as the sun comes up, you have the chance do better than you did the day before. So, keep moving forward. I fell into the same slump during the holiday season. Now, I'm back more determined than the last time. This time around, I plan to stick to healthier recipes for the holiday season. Just hang in there.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Life is full of chances ... as well as opportunities ! Every day is a new opportunity to try again ... eventually your efforts will out weigh your weaknesses and you will begin to see progress. Start out slowly ... cut the soda out if you drink it, add more water to your daily intake. Grab that precious baby and go for a walk ... every day. maybe it will be one block today ... but soon enough one block will become several blocks.

Believe in yourself ... know that your worth every tear that falls and for every doubt, there are ten times the reasons to believe. Your health is so important and it will determine your future. If you want to keep up with your child ... get up and get moving ! Motivation, determination and inner strength ... will guide you in the right direction, just apply these to your daily routine and you will find the energy to move forward.

Once you begin to see the progress ... your excitement will take you to the next level ... change your thinking ... change your life.

You will need to look into your food choices ... a lot of foods that " appear " to be healthy, could be sabotaging your best efforts. Get involved in the forums ... knowledge is power ... and there are a lot of people on this site who will not only support you ... but share their knowledge and journey with you.

I posted this on my website today as my status .. and I think it applies to you as well :

~ When making your way down the path ... the journey of a better lifestyle ... you will come across rocks and it is then that you will need to be stronger than ever before. Just know that the struggles of today ... are the successes of tomorrow and they too, shall pass ... just as the sun goes down each day ... it also rises the next morning, without failure. Every day is a brand new chance to get it right ! Don't allow minor obstacles to detour you from your goals ... just stay focused and keep moving forward !

I wish you all the best and I hope you find motivation through people like myself ... whom want you to succeed !

:flowerforyou:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'll be blunt and honest....

Stop trying and do. Change takes Action. Define what you want and make the choices that lead you to success. You can and will succeed, IF you DO.
  • she_the
    she_the Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fessing up to what happened before is half the battle! :)
  • Fab_Tab
    Fab_Tab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The only chance that matters is the one that you take.
  • Brandie_Grimm
    Brandie_Grimm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Although this is my first time on MFP, I also became very motivated to lose weight right around the holidays this past year and I failed miserably at really trying to stick with a diet....actually, I've failed many times over the years. =/

....but this time, I'm determined!

We can do this! :)