NSV! My Wedding Dress!

Options
jroseonline
jroseonline Posts: 45 Member
This past weekend, my husband and I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary and we chose to renew our vows in Las Vegas.

My weight loss journey started last October 2011 with a goal to lose 42 pounds total. I struggle with hypothyroidism and when my doctor finally put me on the correct dosage of meds, I started to lose weight. I thought that by giving myself 7 months, I would be able to do it.

I didn't hit my goal like originally planned due to complications of hypothyroidism and plateauing, but I did lose 25 pounds, an overall of 14 inches around my chest, waist, hips, and thighs along with 4% body fat.

Best of all, I got to look like this walking down the aisle during our vow renewal ceremony :)

050512-BC-039a.jpg

Now that my Vegas weekend of binging on buffets and alcohol is over, it's time to get back on the horse. I do plan to reassess my original goal and rather than focusing on pounds, I'm going to focus on body fat percentage. I'm currently at 28% and would like to be down to 18-21%.

Thanks for letting me share my story!

Here's a before/after pic in regular clothes.

Before: this was prior to being diagnosed with hypothyroidism @ 135-140lbs
Middle: a year after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, my heaviest @ 167lbs
After: 6 months after my new diet and exercise regimen and correct dosage of meds, my lightest in 3 years @ 143lbs

540657_10150699525399090_511439089_9098451_639881951_n.jpg

Replies

• skinnyminnay
    Options
    you look amazing! 25 lbs is my goal! I love your dress!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • khisken
    khisken Posts: 1
    Options
    I love your dress. And good job keep up the good work:happy: :happy: :happy: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pyororon
    pyororon Posts: 22
    Options
    You're so beautiful! Great job!
  • idshields24
    idshields24 Posts: 49
    Options
    You look amazing. Love the dress.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your progress so far!
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous in your wedding dress :) Congrats on the renewals and also your journey :)
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Options
    You look stunning! Congrats! :)
  • Loislaine61
    Loislaine61 Posts: 49
    Options
    You look fabulous! Gorgeous dress. I love the way it drapes across you. I have no doubt you'll reach your goal.
  • jroseonline
    jroseonline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!
    Congratulations on a job well done :)
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :love: STUNNING! :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!