Accountability partners?

Options
Fab_Tab
Fab_Tab Posts: 4 Member
So, here I am on the first Monday of summer after exams and determined that by this time next year, I WILL be able to wear that bikini! I am hoping that MFP will be the avenue that leads me to that glorious moment, but I think I'm going to need supporting cast before I go anywhere near center stage. I am looking forward to meeting all of you, and I truly hope that you'll help me to shed these pesky pounds and that I can also help support you during your journey. I am in for the long haul here; I am well aware that this will require a rather dramatic lifestyle change on my part, but with a little help, I hope I can make this one milestone in a success story.

Replies

• aminahzjohnson
    aminahzjohnson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Great decision to join MFP :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I log daily so I'll hold you accountable when need be. ;)
  • Hklein152
    Hklein152 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,
    I just joined too. I love the idea of a supporting cast. I'm really sick of constantly thinking about food, convincing myself i will do better tomorrow, do it for a bit then sink back into terrible habits. I'm ready to show my two little girls how to be healthy and sane. So, I joined CrossFit, and survived the first week, and I'm looking to this site for support and accountability.
    Welcome and let's keep up the good work!
  • KLD81230
    KLD81230 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm always on here, would appreciate some dedicated partners, and I give tough love! :)
  • Sleep2Live
    Sleep2Live Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new, too! I could use some accountability as well! Feel free to add me.
  • Mirandas5bgirls
    Mirandas5bgirls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, MFP has some of the best motivators with real life situations. I will try my best to keep you encouraged :smile: .
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck! You can do it! I'm on here more than FB so you (and anyone) are welcome to add me!
  • arserine
    arserine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too (this also goes for anyone else on this thread, you can never have too much support)! I'm also working towards wearing a bikini, here's to getting there the healthy way!
  • yesca192324
    yesca192324 Posts: 72
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm always looking for great new friends
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI ! Feel free to add me as well. I'm new but on here daily. Always looking for supportive friends.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Add add add away! :-) I try to provide comic relief and motivation/support.
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are always welcome to add me. I'm great at the support. Let me know if you have any questions. I've been at this a while. I'm full of knowledge.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My only advice as of right now is that it doesn't have to be a *drastic* change. Trying to change everything all at once can be very overwhelming! Try working on a few smaller, achievable goals at a time and work your way up. When I make losing weight such a big sacrifice, I end up wanting to quit! However, gradual changes over an extended amount of time can really make a big difference!
  • bearjr30
    bearjr30 Posts: 19
    Options
    i need some accountability partners as well...i just joined on the first of may..Tomarrow will be a week in for me. I am doing great. I am exercising 14 min and 30 seconds a day with yourself fitness. i am over 400+ pounds...and i have a long ways to go with a 5'2 figure. But i am very determined right now..its getting harder though for being on it a week. the cravings are comming back a little but i really dont want to give in...i am doing to good. I am staying at under a 1800 calorie diet...and i plan on seeing a dietician weekly once i see her for the first interview. please keep me accountable...thanks so much.
  • gcr2012
    gcr2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Would love some accountability friends - only 1 week on for me, but determined to make better choices. It's definitely not easy doing it alone!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    This is a WONDERFUL place for support! You can so do this!
  • bearjr30
    bearjr30 Posts: 19
    Options
    you are doing really well on loosing weight keep it up...well everyone is...we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. its suppose to be an i But this applies for anyone.
  • iwantthissomuch
    Options
    i feel the same way! I decided that this summer i would get in shape and start healthier living before the fall! sending you a friend request! i'd love to keep you accountable!
  • kkalanquin
    kkalanquin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please add me too!! I'm on the same path! I will eventually get a picture up :) I started this about a month ago but it took me several weeks to actually START. I definitely need an accountability buddy!:smile:
  • kkalanquin
    kkalanquin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was responding to another post and saw yours. I have the same habit of falling off the wagon. Its a constant issue for me. I have 3 little ones that I'm trying to be a better role model for. I'd love to start working with you as an accountability buddy if you're okay with it!

I just started here but I have a picture coming soon!