I hate water

Options
2»

Replies

• Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you have a freezer at work, you could make ice cubes. I do this, I love water but I really love it ice cold!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Your husband is right. I don't actually hate water, but for many years, especially when I was in college, I did not drink enough. I got recurrent urinary tract infections (sorry if this is too much info) and I had a dream that Ghandi told me to drink 8 glasses of water a day. So I did, and cut out the coffee at night and I never got them again. Now, I carry a jar around with me with a Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea bag and water in it. I do not put it in the fridge. The water is delicious this way- quite sweet, spicy, easy to drink. And the cinnamon is helpful also to any blood sugar issues. I love drinking water this way. Good Luck!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I like water,but just for ****s and giggles, got some Mio. Peach Mango is rather tasty, and you only need a little bit.
  • RobsGirl73
    RobsGirl73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No flying not tmi I am very open about my Health and bad habits. I know drinking water makes you look and feel younger too.
  • kare4acure
    kare4acure Posts: 18
    Options
    I feel for you. I have a hard time with it too. First thing in the morning slam back one full fresh glass, it wakes up your brain and gets you ready for the day. AND I actually think it makes my coffee taste better. (no scientific reason for that) but I do. The rest of the day I use a straw in my water bottle. It goes down faster that way ;)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've forgotten I used to be that way too. I forced it until I loved it. It didn't take that long, and now I can hardly keep track I drink so much of it. It helps that I have a water dispenser and I get Sparkletts delivered.
  • RobsGirl73
    Options
    I like the idea of slamming back bone first think in am, I have heard it wakes you up.
    My husband has a water dispenser but we need to get the water bottle thing filled. I will tell him this week when he gets paid
  • jmb909090
    jmb909090 Posts: 5
    Options
    Switch it up with Perrier Lime once in a while too. Carbonation isn't great for your bones if you have too much of it, but as a change throughout the day, it's fine.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    do water therapy for a week. sipping throughout the day will be a piece of cake after putting yourself through that.
  • arnfolly
    arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i read a book once on teh benefits of water. It was very interesting. I too at the time was NOT a water drinker. HATED IT. The book basically said "too bad" plug your nose guzzle it down and get over it. I was quite offended at the author for it, but I did it anyway, 8 times a day. Then, about 2 weeks into my water torture something happened! I no longer found satisfaction in the sugary drinks, sure,I liked them for the taste, but they did not satisfy me anymore,I was craving the water! I have been a water drinker ever since. I do like my crystal light once in awhile or a diet soda but 8 glasses a day of h20 is never a problem. I had to retrain my brain and my body and it did indeed work.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the LEMON idea! I squeeze 2 wedges of lemon into a big water cup (w/ straw) and refill it all day long at work. I also work at a desk mostly and just keep sipping it all day long. The tartness of the lemon helps me drink more -- instead of just plain stale water! Hope this helps!
  • raseykasey
    raseykasey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you smoke??? I hated drinking water when I was a smoker, but now that I have stopped, I can drink it fine :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas here. I used to do half Propel flavored water and half tap or filtered water until I realized I liked plain water just fine (I used to drink a lot of soda and was used to the sweetness so at first I didn't care for just drinking water) I use a 24 ounce Camelbak BPA-free bottle with a "bite valve" straw--I don't like super cold water as it gives me headaches sometimes, so I just keep refilling my bottle a couple times a day. It gives me a good reason to get up from my desk and stretch ;)

I don't know that the "8 glasses a day" is something everyone needs to do, there seems to be lots of debate about what is "right," but I do think water has lots of benefits...when I don't drink at least 56 to 64 ounces a day, I find that I don't feel as good and my skin is affected...it also really helps keep me hydrated for long runs.
  • RobsGirl73
    Options
    I did it I chugged two glasses this morning!!!
  • RobsGirl73
    Options
    Racy yes I smoke
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, if you keep it up, you will find that you truly will begin to crave it. Now I can't drink enough. I agree with the poster who said that if she doesn't get 64 oz. a day she notices. I've had up to 120 oz. in a day and that is when I feel the best ... fuller, skin looks better, etc. Keep it up! :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    How about buy a mini fridge for your office. There also get fridges like this: Not saying you should stock it with soda even though the pics have them. haha

http://apex55.en.made-in-china.com/product/VodnhpQUvbYm/China-Mini-USB-Fridge.html

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/06/koolatron-coca-cola-fridge/

http://www.vat19.com/dvds/usb-warmer-cooler.cfm
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Using a straw is so strange, but yet it makes me drink more too - even when I'm not thirsty but I know I need to drink more!

My friend encouraged me to freeze little pieces of lemon and lime, then add those to my water glasses throughout the day - that really made a difference. Otherwise a splash of fresh juice works too.

I bought a 1ltr water flask a while back (aluminimum by Earthlust) and I find that if I fill that up from the water cooler it keeps the water at my desk cold all morning. By lunchtime I actually have to refill it! I could barely drink water at one point and I now I get through 2ltrs a day without even trying!
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    look at it as literally a weight loss helper. when you dont want to drink anymore, just stare at it and realize that the next glass will help you reach your goal. its tasteless, there is nothing to water. realize that and just suck it down as fast as you can.