Cheating Weekends

Options
Does anyone ever cheat on the weekends? go over your calories? i feel like i do all the time. Then i feel guilty. Just wondering if anyone else does this? Then on the weekdays am back on track.

Replies

• geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    I find that I do eat more on the weekends, but typically it's not "cheating". I don't just binge on junk. I DO workout more on the weekends because it fits into my schedule better, so when I have a big burn I let myself consume more. If you find yourself consistently going over on the weekends try to get more cardio in so that you aren't in the red!
  • craniallili89
    craniallili89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well the issue with me is that i don't work out a lot, currently waiting for a double lung transplant and well with oxygen all the time. the only time i do mini work is tuesday and thursdays at my pulmonary rehab group.
  • Cindylou321
    Cindylou321 Posts: 66
    Options
    Yes I eat more on weekends, but I also exercise more on weekends... . do what works for you..
  • craniallili89
    craniallili89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hard OVERALL. :(
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    These last couple weekends(Saturdays) I have had dinner plans, with a few cocktails and a wedding shower this past weekend which was mine =). So what happens to me is I gain. I'm sure some of it is water. I do track as close as I can anyways. And some weekends I'm just hitting my maintenance some it's over. Regardless, it takes me a few days to lose what I have gained over the weekend which is mostly Saturday night and I get no where. For weeks I have been getting NO WHERE..lol I even make sure I continue to work out just to give me a cushion.

So I need to make better choices when I do go out. But it's hard. I gain so easily. And I net at 1500-1600 everyday =( All it takes is one meal for me and a few drinks and I pay for it. It sucks
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    yes, quite a bit
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to allow myself a sort of spike day on Saturdays and try to eat it in healthy foods and allow myself some small cheats. I found that it really didn't work in my favor and I ended up having to try and work those extra calories off during the week and then my weight loss was lower than what it could have been because I'm too busy working off my cheat day! Now that I started over I'm trying not to cheat on any day! If I want a little something then I work it in my calories on that day!
  • classreunion22
    classreunion22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Friday nite is date nite with the hubby. So I eat whatever I want to eat and I will usually have an adult beverage. :happy:
    I work hard all week working out and trying to eat right. I don't see anything wrong with 1 day off. Sunday is the day I exercise the least and Monday I'm back at it again.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well the issue with me is that i don't work out a lot, currently waiting for a double lung transplant and well with oxygen all the time. the only time i do mini work is tuesday and thursdays at my pulmonary rehab group.

WOW, I wouldn't worry about it too much... You are fighting for your life, do the best you can, and when you are blessed with your new lungs, girl you will be running rings around everyone on here!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jypsyjulia
    jypsyjulia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Because of the amount of weight I have to lose and because I've only just started, I have been "cheating" on weekends and still losing 2 lbs per week as I hoped. But I think that as I get farther into this and lose more weight, I will definitely NOT be able to cheat every weekend, ha. Maybe once a month? I think a cheat day is good! Just not too many of them.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yep I definitely slip up on the weekends... the structure of the week helps me stay on track. but dinner out w/a friend, or a lazy afternoon w/the TV, and I have to really fight to do the right thing. one good thing is that it's spring so I am doing a lot more yard work!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't. Here's my logic: I try to eat well and healthy most every day. I have a few indulgences (POTSTICKERS!!! PIZZA!!!) that I want to eat, when *I* want to eat them. Not on some pre-prescribed "cheat day". When I want em, I eat em. And then I move on. For me? Cheat day sets up an over indulgent approach, not a "I want that indulgent thing" approach. It's worked for me my entire adult life. So I'll keep doing it. I feel potstickers coming on in the next few days <cough> PMS <cough> and so I'll enjoy it then.
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    Personally I don't like the word "cheat" because it implies we're doing something we're not supposed to do. The fact is that we have to eat for the rest of our lives so I don't "diet." I eat as healthy as I can and that doesn't mean carrot sticks and salad. LOL I search for healthy recipe versions of my favorite foods and try those. Some recipes have tasted great, others not so much. My point is that if you eat reasonably and moderately then having something you consider a treat on the weekends won't derail your weight loss plan.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have one night, Saturday night, as my refuel meal. That meal is a chance for me to eat carbs at dinner, maybe a baked potato, quinoa, whole wheat bread. I am going over my total daily calories, but for the week I am still under my calories and keep losing. Good luck on your upcoming transplant. I wish you the best. My dad has copd and has been on oxygen for quite a while. I know the challenges that he faces:(
  • missa0208
    missa0208 Posts: 25
    Options
    I do kinda cheat on the weekends. I still have my limits though. Like for me the weekends is when I would eat something I normally wouldn't during the week day like pasta, potato salad, piece of cake etc. Just usually on the weekends theres always a bbq or we usually take the family to go out to eat. Again I still keep my portion control in check, and remind myself not to over do it because all the hard work I put in during the week would be for nothing ;).