Am I a weirdo ?!

Gionni
Gionni Posts: 77 Member
I'm glad I got your attention!!!! Here's my issue...

I travel for a living (fly not drive) and I find that when I travel my diet is generally good. I am able to stay under my calorie count no problem! The problem starts when I return home ( where it should be easier) and I eat /drink/smoke until I puke... Only to continue after I'm done vomiting. I guess my question is whether this is normal . Most people are telling me that my home time is when I should shine because I can cook and have more familar food options. But it's obviously not the case .. Look at my diary for the last 3 weeks ( and FRIEND me while you're at it when I was on break.. It's insane! I do, however, workout like crazy when I'm home !

Replies

• ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    When you are home, are you alone? Do you have things to keep you occupied and your mind off of eating so much? When you feel like eating and you know you shouldn't, maybe go out for a walk, a drive or do something. Plan to eat 6 times a day but stay within your goals. Hope this helps.
  • Gionni
    Gionni Posts: 77 Member
    Good advice !!!!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    It's not normal and it sounds like you are compensating for something that makes you uncomfortable at home, especially if you drink or eat until you vomit every time.

I would suggest a trip to a therapist to see if perhaps they can help you identify the issue even if you don't have them help you correct it.

You might want to try yoga, too. Helps me when I'm stressed out.

Peace to you. Hoping you get it figured out.

:flowerforyou: