Best Smoothie Recipes Wanted

Options
Mommy_Time
Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
I have not had one yet but would love easy, low calorie smoothie recipes. I am not wanting one to replace a meal versus being a nice/healthy treat :) I have seen some here on the forums and on allrecipes.com but would like some more.

I bought:
almond milk
plain and vanilla yogurt
frozen strawberries
frozen raspberries

so ones that use those items will be nice :) I also have bananas.

Replies

• sheguay
    sheguay Posts: 14
    Options
    I use 1/2 a banana (I peel, cut, & freeze them ahead), 3 frozen strawberries (thickens the smoothie), 1/2 a Chobani plain yogurt - 3 oz, 1/2 scoop low carb soy protien, (these I may use more of one and skip the other...soy powder has nutrients and is good when I do not have yogurt visa versa...soy is vanilla flavored also), 4-5 ice cubes, 4 0z Light V8 Acai Berry (just fave flavor!), and I like to add greens because of the nutrients...kale or spinach one week every other day, watercress and arugula the next, etc). I use an Oster single serve blender and just have to change the top on it & drink it out of the serving cup. I used to use flavored yogurt yet after looking at the carbs and fats I found they were too high with me adding fruit...the fruit flavors it and the juice moistens it. Good Luck......!!!!
  • misswhitneyyy
    Options
    I love smoothies and think they are so fantastic! I vary between two types of smoothies: protein smooth and a green/fruit smoothie.

For the protein smoothie, I use:
    Chocolate protein powder
    Ground flaxseed
    1 Banana (I like it frozen to make it thicker)
    Half a cup of frozen strawberries
    Water or almond milk or rice milk (something light)
    Raw, unblanched almonds or any type of nuts

For the green smoothie, I use:
    Whole milk plain yogurt
    Handfuls of kale and spinach (seriously, any greens is a go)
    1 frozen banana and frozen berries
    Water or almond milk or rice milk
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    Options
    I have just started making smoothies as well. If you have a smart phone, there is an app for smoothies that has recipes for fruit smoothies, green smoothies, as well as many others :smile:
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Scoop of unflavored protein powder (currently using GNC Premium Whey Protein)
    Pealed orange
    Whole apple
    Whole pealed banana
    Whole carrot
    Stalk of celery
    2 oz Pom pomegranate juice
    dark leafy green of choice (kale, spinach, collard, turnip, dandilion, etc.)
    Ice and water.

Sometimes I will add a raw beat (and the greens if they are not too wilted) and it turns my green smoothie into a red smoothie.

I make a quart several times a week and take it to work. Most people turn their noses up at it but are impressed with the weight I have lost.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein + 1 cup of strawberries+ 1 cup of vanilla almond milk: blend and drink. If you want a more ice cream like texture to it use 1/2 cup of almond milk and if you add dannon low fat vanilla yogurt and 1/3 of a slice of a frozen banana you have a creamy dessert. Also adding vanilla extract really makes the flavor pop! If any of these are too thick to taste then just add water (i prefer filtered water) Good Luck and Enjoy!
  • michaelsa
    michaelsa Posts: 2
    Options
    My standard fruity/veggie smoothie:
    1/2 cup halved strawberries
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 small banana
    2 or 3 cups baby spinach or kale
    Water and ice (unless you use frozen fruits) as needed

*can add plain greek yogurt, add a splenda packet or two, or switch up the fruits, but this is my go-to healthy breakfast smoothie

My standard protein/fiber smoothie:
    1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
    1 Tbs peanut butter
    1/4 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1/2 banana
    Water and ice as needed

*can add in things like cinnamon, plain greek yogurt, honey, etc

A blog I like just had a post about healthy smoothies: http://fitnessista.com/2012/05/smoothie-a-day-in-may
  • katcourt
    katcourt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Scoop of unflavored protein powder (currently using GNC Premium Whey Protein)
    Pealed orange
    Whole apple
    Whole pealed banana
    Whole carrot
    Stalk of celery
    2 oz Pom pomegranate juice
    dark leafy green of choice (kale, spinach, collard, turnip, dandilion, etc.)
    Ice and water.

Sometimes I will add a raw beat (and the greens if they are not too wilted) and it turns my green smoothie into a red smoothie.

I make a quart several times a week and take it to work. Most people turn their noses up at it but are impressed with the weight I have lost.

Now do you do this smoothie as a meal or as a snack and what is the total calorie for something like this?
  • katcourt
    katcourt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Now do you do this smoothie as a meal or as a snack and what is the total calorie for something like this?
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • alikatu
    alikatu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not self-promoting, but check out my blog post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/alikatu/view/free-smoothies-recipes-books-pdfs-254638 for several great free e-books I scoped out online. :flowerforyou:
  • JanellaNunan
    Options
    My favorite smoothie is -ice, a scoop of chocolate whey protien, dark choc almond or soy milk, teaspoon (give or take) of instant coffee. :)
    Sometimes I add a banana or a tablespoon of peanut butter. devine. :)
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla whey, crunchy pb, strawberries and blueberries and milk. It tastes like a pb and jelly sandwich
  • sums_net
    sums_net Posts: 24
    Options
    -Stawberry, banana, protein and almond milk
    -Banana, Avacado, honey with milk
    -Strawberry, Kiwi, protein whey and any kind of milk
    -Mango, pineapple, kale and milk for green smoothie
    - Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, protein with greek yogurt
    Seriously you can just throw in any kind of fruits in the blender and whip out a cool refreshing smoothie
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Bump for later..