Anyone else struggling to loose just the last few pounds?

Options
Hi Everyone-
I am just wondering if anyone else here is looking to just loose 5-10 more pounds in order to hit their weight goal and still finding these last few a challenge?
I am really finding it hard to get under 140 lbs and my goal is 136! I just want to get there and then maintain that with my running, toning work outs, and good eating choices....however, I cannot get below 140.
HELP! I just need a boost.
:)

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Fluctuating between 139-141. I had decided just to maintain for awhile, but now trying to get to like 137. One of the hardest things for me has been as my workouts have increased I find I keep getting hungrier and hungrier. Hard to lose weight and fuel your body at the same time.
  • camille108
    camille108 Posts: 10
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. My goal was 139-140 and I've been stuck pretty much at 142 for the last few months! It's highly frustrating. A few years ago I got below that goal with no problem at all. Anyhow, I've been trying to change up my workouts by adding HITT and starting new classes at the gym along with more heavy lifting with diet changes too. Hopefully, something will work... I'm not giving up! LOL Oh, I did reach my goal for a few days and then my weight went right back up to 142. SMH
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'm struggling to lose the FIRST few pounds lol I'd LOVE to be where you are haha

Good luck though!

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    :grumble: 7 measly pounds to go.
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have been recycling the same 5 lbs for a while so I tried increasing my calories and I will see how that works I already work out about 7 times a week so I hope this helps.

Good luck guys
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get to the 130s, too! I was stuck between 149 and 145 for months, and now I'm at 142. I think we'll reach our goals, but I've heard that the last ten pounds are the hardest. As long as the trend is down, I am trying to be patient with the slowness. Keep doing what's been working, and know that you are getting healthier.
  • melpritch
    melpritch Posts: 1
    Options
    ugh this is the worst! my trainer told me to lose the last 4 or 5 you have to be beyond strict with everything that goes in your mouth! as soon as you get there, it gets easier to maintain, but to get there you can not have any cheats or slips....as annoying as that is. another thought is to do a juice cleanse to get rid of the last few pounds, but you have to be super clean afterwards, too to keep the weight off.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if you are struggling that bad maybe your body just needs to lose fat and not pounds, did you ever think that maybe that is where your body wants to be and not some random number on the scale? do you look at yourself and see fat on your body that needs losing? I have been bouncing around the same six or so pounds for a month but my body is changing. the pics tell the story better than the scale. i urge you to take some pictures tomorrow and then again in a month with as little clothes on as you can bear. pictures work better than the scale. just my opinion, but if i went by the scale all the time i would make myself crazy!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I do not really have to lose anymore pounds, I would like to but it is not that important as it is for me to lose fat (around my stomach).
  • Creativeballance
    Options
    I'm stuck at 10 to go for the past two weeks....ughhh...
    I've cheated like once since then.
    My scale says I'm at 52% water....
    I'm running at least 1/2 an hour every day or more.

Hopefully I'll see some movement soon or I'm gonna go get a large gauge needle, a hose, and a vacuum....
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    if you are struggling that bad maybe your body just needs to lose fat and not pounds, did you ever think that maybe that is where your body wants to be and not some random number on the scale? do you look at yourself and see fat on your body that needs losing? I have been bouncing around the same six or so pounds for a month but my body is changing. the pics tell the story better than the scale. i urge you to take some pictures tomorrow and then again in a month with as little clothes on as you can bear. pictures work better than the scale. just my opinion, but if i went by the scale all the time i would make myself crazy!

I agree. I also would LOVE to get down to 150 or even 155, but that darn scale will not move below 157. However in the past 4 months of being at 157lbs i have gone from 31% body fat to 19% body fat. Apparently this is just where my body wants to be, and I am happy with how it looks. But, I do still understand where you are coming from, Seeing that number stay in the same place day after day is tough. Its why I stopped weighing myself.
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Me too 7 to go.....

However the closer I get the more I seem to think it's ok to have a cheat day or a few treats!! Still set in a food reward mindset which is what got me here in the first place.

But I will stick at it and hopefully in a few weeks will be able to say am at goal weight :-)
  • Troutcruiser
    Troutcruiser Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for reminding me I am not alone and sometimes it takes a combination of the things many of you spoke about. Getting a little more serious with my food choices again, as I have been much more relaxed since loosing 20lbs and keeping it off now. Also, putting some variety back into my workouts including more toning. My stomach and thighs are really what needs to change....not the number on the scale!
    Thanks again everyone!
  • cathyloo123
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem struck at a 140 lb which is a long way from where I started at 174 pounds however I would really like to get to my goal weight of 136 lbs so if anyone has any tips or tricks please pass them on :) x